Assistant to the Director, Dean of Faculty Operations and A&S Finance Center 8/19/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
To serve as the Assistant to the Director, Dean of Faculty Operations and A&S Finance Center; using independent judgment and initiative in the planning, organization, and performance of duties that are essential to the operation and success of the Arts & Sciences.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work independently under the pressure of deadlines, while anticipating the Director s needs.
* In-depth knowledge of office and administrative procedures and work flow.
* Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of people.
* Initiative and sound judgment.
* Ability to maintain extremely high professional standards and discretion in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
* Excellent computer skills and familiarity with a wide range of software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace.
* Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team approach, taking initiative to advance projects to completion.
* A high degree of flexibility, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, utmost discretion, meticulous attention to detail, and professionalism.
* Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
* Three years of relevant administrative experience in a related field, with a high degree of autonomy.
* Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Amanda Bushor, Director, Dean of Faculty Operations and A&S Finance Center
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* To provide administrative support for functions related to DOF and the ASFC assigned transactions, facilities, faculty reports, information management, projects, and initiatives.
* Serves as the liaison for communication with the Assistant to the Dean, Assistants to the Associate Deans, Assistant to the Chief of Staff, and department/program administrators.
* Works closely with Director on project management, develops timeline, coordinates administrative functions, and executes actions in an accurate and timely manner.
* Serves as the a point of contact for access to the Director; managing calendars and commitments while proactively ensuring time is allocated efficiently. Diplomatically handles internal and external requests, screens and evaluates visitors and calls and redirects inquiries appropriately.
* Coordinates meetings, prepares materials and agendas, and executes a wide range of activities independently; including but not limited to, interviews, new faculty and administrator orientations with the ASFC, annual teaching schedule review meetings, etc.
* Responsible for ordering, adjustments, and returns of inventory items and with vendors to resolve on contracts to purchase goods and services for DOF.
* Processes and distributes the daily ASFC mail.
* As directed by the Director of Operations and using established procedures, performs testing for scheduled upgrades or changes to reports, screens, etc.
* Utilizing knowledge of Oracle, the Microsoft Suite, specifically FileMaker, Excel, and Word, to produce reports or information for the Director of Operations.
* Gathers and analyzes meaningful data for reports and projects at the request of the Director.
* Maintains and upgrades the faculty information database (IRIS), including confidential financial and academic data, demographic, payroll, teaching, workload, and course teaching data. Generates reports to audit database for accuracy of information. Works with ASFC to accurately compensate faculty and update data.
* Works with division and department staff to ensure that timely and accurate teaching schedules are maintained. Monitors teaching schedules to insure that course count and FTE data are accurate.
* Maintains overall office systems for record and documents management.
* Manages the Arts and Sciences Faculty Directory content, evaluates, and approves or denies department requests.
* Prepares and finalizes directory memos with the Director and distributes to the website and division.
* Updates files with salary and award letters.
* Manages the annual salary letter project with accuracy and discretion.
* Coordinates file storage with Records Management annually.
* Ensures security of confidential information and documents.
* Drafts or finalizes correspondence, memos, and notices for distribution to the division or website publishing.
* Coordinates and responds to communications on behalf of the Director.
* Routinely communicates with faculty, visitors, students and staff.
* Handles confidential, sensitive information, exercises excellent professional judgment, discretion, and interacts appropriately with customers.
* Responsbile for updating the main finance center and all five finance centers websites, ensuring attention to detail and timeliness; in addition to assisting in the update of the Dean of Faculty website.
* Updates and manages the Faculty Handbook at the Deanery s discretion.
Recruitment, Payroll and Accounting
* Processes appropriate staff recruitments for the division as DORR Applicant Manager, guiding the customer through the hiring process.
* Tracks divisional new hires to ensure they are onboarded with appropriate access level and orientation. Communicates directly with new hires faculty and administrators.
* Prepares and processes payables, deposits, journal transfers, and other areas as assigned.
* Responsible for accurate review/interpretation, data entry and auditing of requests into the financial management systems, including business expense reimbursements, PA Smartform, Pcard, General Ledger, journals, etc.
Triage of Center Calls
* Serves as primary point of contact representing the ASFC and the DOF to the division and the institution. Screens and accurately identifies visitor and caller issues and executes effective method for resolution based on priorities, commitments, and availability of staff members.
* Analyzes customer issues and proactively escalates critical or expertise specific issues to the Director or another designated divisional fiscal officer.
* Assumes ownership of initial inquiry until issue is dispatched to another responsible staff member for resolution.
* Executes follow-up as necessary, or as directed by the Director, to assure timely response.
* Recognizes technical