Assisted Director of Nursing (ADON)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Meadows Mennonite Retirement Community
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeadows is a faith based organization that has served seniors in elder care and skilled care settings since 1923. The organization is moving forward in a positive direction and the Meadows is looking for a leader with a strong passion for coaching and developing future leaders and providing outstanding resident centered care.
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is a leadership position assisting the Director of Nursing (DON) in management of nursing and the provision of quality nursing care given at the facility. The ADON is responsible for maintaining quality and adequacy of nursing practices under the Scope of the State of Illinois Nurse Practice Act for Registered Nurselicensure; for coordinating nursing and training programs; for recognizing and assisting in solving professional, administrative and supervisory problems in partnering with the Director of Nursing.
This is an opportunity to not only utilize your expert clinical skill set, but leadership skills to lead by example, understand the challenges that face all staff members with the ability to mentor and coach, and encourage collaboration creating a learning environment that is beneficial and superior to patient care.
* Graduate of an accredited nursing school. RN licensed in good standing in the State of Illinois. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
* A minimum of five years experience as an RN in a long term care facility with three years experience in a supervisory capacity.
* Certified as a Restorative Nurse with one year or more experience as a Restorative Nurse strongly desired.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
* Comprehensive understanding of medical records guidelines and standards.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondences.
* Basic knowledge of MDS process and completion of MDS Assessments.
* Strong computer skills; must having working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.