Assistive Technology Support Engineer 1 (VA, Richmond)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PacArctic is hiring a full time Assistive Technology (AT) Support Engineer to support PAC and our customer in the Richmond, VA area.
The Assistive Technology (AT) Support Engineer is a computer Systems Administrator providing support to the government contract customer and its AT users in the Enterprise network environment. He/she identifies, tests, configures, and integrates assistive technology hardware and software, including speech output software, Braille interfaces, TDD, speech input software, magnification software, video magnifiers, and alternative input devices, with existing or new computer systems needed by the customer. He/she also creates, tests, documents, and supports procedures for the rollout of computer systems and assistive technology hardware and software to the customer's environment. The AT Support Engineer coordinates with customer personnel, other contractor personnel, and vendors to ensure knowledge of the market status of state-of-the-art improvements in assistive technologies. He/she is a specialist in Assistive Technology and possesses a variety of IT related skills and experience; Performs a wide spectrum of tasks such as requirements analysis, systems engineering and administration, network engineering and administration, programming and scripting, technical writing, and problem diagnosis and resolution.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Integrate AT into the Enterprise network environment in accordance with change management processes
* Evaluate AT for potential to improve accessibility
* Configure, integrate, and test assistive technology and related hardware, software, and peripherals within the Enterprise network environment
* Create, test, maintain, document, and support procedures and automation for the successful deployment of assistive technology and related hardware, software, and peripherals within the Enterprise network environment
* Create, test, maintain, document, and support custom scripts for AT to increase accessibility of commercial and customer-made applications
* Support configuration management process for deploying AT
* Perform code review for accessibility
* Perform manual and automated testing for accessibility and compatibility and interoperability with AT
* Communicate issues with AT with AT vendors and coordinate correction of issues
* Perform other engineering support duties as assigned
* Assist AT users by phone, remotely, and via desk side support
* Diagnose and correct hardware and software problems related to accessibility and AT
* Identify, assess, troubleshoot, research, recommend, and document appropriate AT solutions
* Assist with setup, installation, and configuration of AT software and hardware for AT users
* Create/update trouble tickets to document issues in automated ticket system
* Perform other user support duties as assigned
* Customize, maintain, and update accessibility and AT related e-learning training
* Create, maintain, and update job aids for AT users
* Ensure all training materials are accessible and usable
* Perform other training duties as assigned