Assoc. Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
The University of Chicago
Campus - Hyde Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Associate Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy will be responsible for developing strategic marketing plans and content for UEI's UChicago Impact, with the goal of increasing UChicago Impact's brand recognition, digital footprint and client base.. As a member of UEI's strategic communications and engagement team, this position will work with UChicago Impact's leadership team to raise the visibility of UChicago Impact's work, facilitate the adoption of UChicago Impact's tools and professional learning at scale and ultimately further UEI's overarching goal of disseminating knowledge, tools, and practices to K-12 education leaders, policy makers, and practitioners nationwide. The position reports to UEI's Senior Director of National and Global Engagement.
- Works as a key member of the UEI communication and engagement team, and provides support for overall UEI communications as needed
- In coordination with UEI and UChicago Impact leadership and communications team, develops and implements marketing and communications strategies, with a focus on projects demanding consumer research as well as digital and social media expertise.
Researches UChicago Impact target audiences and the category/competitive landscape surrounding UChicago Impact to identify communications and engagement opportunities
Liaises with UChicago Impact's business teams to curate content for marketing materials and identify optimal marketing channels based on a strong understanding of the consumer and category/competitive landscapes
- Creates various UChicago Impact communications materials, particularly day-to-day digital communications and media engagement materials designed to help achieve UChicago Impact's business goals.
Plans and drafts social media posts, newsletters, editorial content, Power Point presentations, and other material, as needed.
Helps ensure consistency of unit's message and images across communications media, in accordance with UChicago, UEI, and UChicago Impact brand identity guidelines.
- Maintains UChicago Impact's social media accounts and website and monitors analytics/ consumer traffic.
- Assists senior leadership in planning and implementing new business development strategies, working with UChicago Impact business planning team to identify online and in-person strategic engagement opportunities.
- Oversees the maintenance of UChicago Impact contacts and clients database (CRM).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources by calling 773-834-1841 or by emailing email@example.com with their request.