Assoc Staff Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
US Smokeless Tobacco Company's role is to responsibly manufacture and market USSTC brands to adult tobacco consumers in a financially disciplined way, and to provide manufacturing services to PM USA and NuMark for their smokeless products. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Associate Staff Engineer to join our Engineering department in Hopkinsville, KY.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing plant support as well as leading the execution of capital projects in the manufacturing facilities of USSTC.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Analyzing data and applying problem solving techniques to develop and implement improvements for methods, processes, products, systems, documentation and/or equipment.
* Directing and controlling the development and execution of multiple projects/programs for USSTC products across the USSTC manufacturing facilities.
* Provide programming for both development and troubleshooting of the following types of systems in a manufacturing environment: PLC (Rockwell/Allen-Bradley); HMI/SCADA (Wonderware, Rockwell Software, Microsoft .NET); Vision (Keyence, Cognex).
* Providing on-shift trouble shooting and technical solutions for control and process system problems encountered during production runs, supporting areas such as packing, processing, utilities or facilities infrastructure.
* Provide Electrical and Control Systems Engineering support to various clients - including but not limited to: Engineering, Information Systems, Maintenance, Quality and Manufacturing.
* Interacting with the senior management of all USSTC manufacturing facilities and external technical resources including ALCS RD&E on business and technical issues.
* Providing control engineering expertise to engineers assigned to implement capital projects and/or engineering support.
* Collaborating with Maintenance and production across all facilities to develop scopes and business cases for assigned projects
* Developing reports from Finance, providing recommendations to the development and management of fixed budgets in the Engineering department
* Sharing technical expertise with others to insure that operational knowledge is transferred to production and maintenance resources.
* Identifying and conducting projects related to product and equipment cost reduction, quality improvement and safe work practices.
* Provide electrical/control system expertise for the startup, validation & commissioning of new and changing processes/machines.
* Travel to other USSTC manufacturing facilities, Altria locations and vendors/OEM's both in the US and overseas may be required.
* 4 year undergraduate degree or professional engineering license required; advanced degree and/or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience.
* Three to Five years of hands-on technical industrial work experience with process controls, PLC's, and instrumentation.
* Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to effectively lead technical project teams to achieve project goals on time and within budget.
* Experience with fiduciary and budgeting policies/practices is required along with proficient use of numerous software applications.
* Working knowledge of primary processing, packing and finished goods in a manufacturing environment would be helpful. Additional Information At US Smokeless Tobacco Manufacturing Company, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your Associate Staff Engineering skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.