Associate Account Manager 8/31/2016
Apex Tool Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
This role, reporting to the Director of Sales, will be responsible for executing and guiding the implementation of national retail account specific business plans, achieving profitability and sales targets, assisting the Director of Sales. Account responsibility will be focused on one large national account.
* Customer service team account responsibility
* Project Management - develop schedules and implement new item launches and planogram changes
* Innovation Center account responsibility
* Review product placement and assist with planogram development - work closely with account personnel responsible for store planogram management
* Expansion opportunities for Private Brands and Trade Tools in core growth areas with account
* Competitive market analysis
* SKU maintenance
* Develop strong relationships with key customer associates in order to drive sales growth and support from the National Account.
* Cross merchandising
* Point of Sale (POS) review
* Execute account strategies aligned with overall channel strategy.
* Execute account goals and business plans with and for customers.
* Understand and monitor channel conflict and opportunities.
* Ensure new product ideas are brought to product management.
* Work with marketing to strengthen current program
* Returns tracking and reporting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in marketing or business related field
* Proven track record of accomplishments and achievements in penetrating large, complex accounts and driving business growth
* High energy, driven, self-starter
* Business acumen and organizational savvy
* Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills required
* Strong negotiating skills
* High Level of personal accountability
* Must display strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Collaborative team player
* Excellent computer/systems skills (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word) as well as ERP experience (SAP strongly preferred)
* Ability to travel (including some overnight) up to 25%