Associate, Brokerage 9/9/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
This team based position requires a desire for success in sales with new prospects and ability to handle complex conversations with owners, C-Suite, and high level corporate real estate decision makers. Clients and prospects include local companies with single and multiple locations as well as global corporations with many diverse geographic locations. A working knowledge of any major vertical industry will be very helpful. This position will report directly to the Senior Brokerage Team Leaders and in addition to sales, the candidate will be involved in all aspects of the evaluation, negotiation, and successful delivery of real estate services. A successful candidate must be articulate, detail oriented, posses strong organizational skills and be a team player.
New Business Development
* Participate in cold-calling program with the brokerage team.
* Convert call to meetings and new business wins.
* Participate in client meetings and new business presentations, as required.
* Participate in property tours, as required.
* Contact and meet regularly with other real estate professionals including developers, appraisers, landlords and brokers.
* Work with senior brokers to develop follow-up materials for clients (e.g., lease comparisons, market overviews, prospect or client presentations, coordinate information with other departments and brokers as needed).
* Provide clients with industry and market specific information as it relates to their business and maintain contact information on prospects.
* Work with senior brokers on new business proposals, prepare available property summary books and create new business presentations.
* Maintain and update the Brokerage Team s market research database (ACT or similar project tracking database) and activities with JLL s CRM system (Spider).
* Effectively utilize all internal JLL support groups and internal JLL databases to support business.
Client Transaction Process
* Review and analyze client s quantitative office location data, legal documents and other materials as part of project due diligence process.
* Work with research and other team members to compile market information and statistics on the local commercial real estate market. Conducting research and collect information and assemble materials on market fundamentals, ownership, tenants, and economic analysis.
* Conduct research at a designated level to support presentation materials, publications, reports and deliverables to the brokerage team. Assist brokerage professionals through the completion of market surveys, data analysis and other deliverables.
* Work with sophisticated Excel-based analytical tools including macro-enabled financial models and financial analysis with supervision, including cash flow projections, valuation models, and sensitivity analysis.
* Contribute to designated local market research requests: market snapshots, market overviews, quarterly market decks, topic specific research to support pitches and brokerage opportunities.
* Participate in Brokerage Team meetings and weekly sales meetings to update colleagues on leasing activity, market information, new business generating efforts, prospects and market knowledge and trends.
* Demonstrable success in high level sales production.
* Prefer a Bachelor s Degree in Business, Finance or Real Estate and excellent academic credentials preferred.
* 1-3 years of work experience in Real Estate brokerage.
* Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced work environment.
* Strong computer orientation and proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners.
* Multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
* Understanding of real estate fundamentals.
* Real Estate Illinois Broker s License required.
* A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment:
* Positive, professional attitude
* Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
* Professionalism at all times
* Work independently with an ability to work collaboratively with others
* Proactive and take initiative
* Maintain confidentiality, utilize judgment, and work with minimal supervision
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43663BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 230 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $56.4 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.