Associate Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
ASSOCIATE BUSINESS ANALYST
JOB ID 20161822 DATE POSTED 08/12/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
National Grid is an international electricity and Gas Company and one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world. We are committed to being an innovative leader in energy management and to safeguarding our global environment
* Consistent growth potential through company leadership programs
* Competitive and robust benefits and compensation with Bonus potential
* Numerous wellness programs and access to on site gym 24/7- depending on location
* A multitude of company endorsed community programs to participate in
* Access to a full service cafeteria
We are currently looking for highly motivated individuals who want to join a dynamic and fast paced organization going through major transformation. If you are someone who s looking to bring innovation, contribute ideas and play a part in renewing the Information Systems organization we want to hear from you!
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Reviews, analyses, and evaluates business processes and associated IT application requirements. Translate business and user requirements in to detailed system requirements for the IT organization and manage all changes to the source documents.
* Interact and work with the development team on issues related to coding to functional specifications
* Develops and executes test plans, scenarios, and tracks resolution to identified defects.
* Models AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
* Defines and develops test plan documentation to support system validation and/or User Acceptance Testing.
* Conducts gap analysis and use analytical skills to identify root cause and assist with problem management.
* Prepares high level user documentation and training materials
* Define and monitor all implementation tasks such as the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and meet defined business requirements
* Understands Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
* Knowledgeable in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Ability to document business analysis deliverables such as requirements and testing documentation
* Ability to work independently as well as within a team
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
* Ability to effectively use the appropriate modelling methodologies and toolsets, requirements management methodologies and toolsets, requirements visualization methods and toolsets, and artifact versioning tools
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to influence and build relationships and demonstrate team leadership in all interactions.
* Communicates effectively with business clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
* 1-4 years relevant experience as Business Analyst
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field OR 4 years of comparable experience without a degree
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE. WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Aug 12, 2016, 6:57:11 AM