Associate Business Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Associate Business Manager (BM) is involved in all activities regarding trade and business development to help drive top line sales growth for assigned channels. The Associate BM is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the annual business plan including but not limited to managing the profit/loss for an assigned product group and/or brand; act as a liaison between operations, sales, and marketing functions; lead forecasting efforts with demand and supply planning teams for respective product group and/or channel.
* Develops and maintains documentation that clearly defines parameters for retail pricing and promotion for all defined product groups.
* Assist in the management of trade spending targets by defined product groups at the planning account level.
* Responsible to help in the day to day management of P/L and volume plan for assigned channel and brands.
* Participate in field trade planning meetings to gain consensus with field sales three times per year.
* Assist sales, conduct direct sales training and presentations.
* Assist the sales team to provide brand training and create sales presentations that provide solutions to business issues that face our customers.
* Partner with Marketing to effectively plan new business opportunities.
* Assist business management team to manage product mix to optimize gross margins.
* Assist business management team to monitor trade spend and work closely with Sales to gain understanding of risk and opportunities for current volume calls.
* Assist business management team to help forecast trade spend on Retail SKU s on a monthly basis; work closely with Finance to ensure forecasted trade spending is accurate and future forecasts are up-to-date.
* Collaborates with Marketing and R&D on the development and execution of new products and cost savings initiatives.
* Participate in cross-functional meetings; ensure representation of both business and sales.
* Assist business development team to work with demand planning to ensure accurate forecasting and deployment of product. Participate in monthly consensus meeting to review items and report to senior leadership monthly sales forecasts.
* Assist business management team to monitor the marketplace for opportunities to take pricing; participate in regular account sales calls where needed.
* Assist business management team with identifying distribution voids with sales and find ways to close on the volume opportunities.
* Analyze trade spends to eliminate poor ROI.
* Participate with Sales in making customer presentation.
* Bachelor s degree in Business or related field and minimum of 2 years experience in business management, sales, scheduling or operations in with a CPG company or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, decision-making and negotiation skills
* Competent in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP
* Ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external vendors and customers.
* Must be able to travel up to 10%
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud if in the manufacturing area.