Associate Buyer Sears Handbags
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Associate Buyer takes ownership of a portion of the buyer's overall business and manages the processes to achieve sales, margin and inventory turnover. Assists the Buyer in execution of processes and functions for the Buyer's merchandise area. The Associate Buyer is responsible for assortment planning, product selection, vendor negotiation, and marketing of specific lines. This position reports directly to the Buyer and closely with the buyer, buying management team, merchandise planning team, promotional planning team, merchandise placement team and the merchandising support team to significantly improve the profitability and maximize shareholder value.
This position in based in the San Francisco Apparel Center.Executes sales, margin and inventory plans for their assigned area
* Monitors and respond to issues and opportunities resulting from deviations in plan variances
* Maintains relationships with vendors and interacts with the vendor community within Sears standards and codes of ethics.
* Supports the development of customer driven assortment plans for their assigned area
* Supports buyer in executing defined lines
* Identifies and shops competition and makes product recommendations to the buyer
* Maintains knowledge base of industry and competitor market trends as it relates to their assigned business area
* Partners with the Planner to complete accurate forecasts, evaluating sales, markdowns and receipts
* Obtains samples and provides direction during advertising turns-ins and proofing
* Provides correct information and inputs for point of sale signage and maintains integrity of quality of signage for ease of store execution level
* Creates and inputs advertising plan
* Establishes collaborative relationships with placement to ensure availability and the timely delivery of merchandise
* Monitors and maintains promotional performance
* Manages and controls the markdown process and communicates variances to the buyer
* Analyzes sales trend, key items, vendor profitability and aged inventory and makes recommendations for driving improved performance
* Assists in the development of product and negotiation to include cost, subsidy and terms
* Merchandising, product and analytical skills
* Proficiency in the use of desktop applications and Windows-based programs
* Retail math literacy and application of concepts to daily operations
* Strong working knowledge of Assortment Planning, Clustering, SPRS, AdPlan, Frequency, MRE, Promotional Performance Reporting (AdEffect), SignRiterEEO EMPLOYER