Associate Category Manager, Chicago and Minneapolis (Central) - Dannon 9/9/2016
The Dannon Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Dannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for an Associate Category Manager, Chicago and Minneapolis (Central) - Dannon in United States (US) for Minneapolis
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
The Associate Category Manager will serve as an ambassador of the Yogurt Category Growth Plan, and is responsible for driving category management principles through the application of strong, proactive data analytics and consumer/shopper insights. The ACM will provide compelling presentations, develop and maintain tools and other information in support of sales and category growth.
* Perform category analysis for Dannon Central Division, Leadership & HQ Teams in an extremely fast paced environment.
* Manage multiple accounts and projects with the ability to prioritize based on opportunity
* Perform competitive analysis by manufacturer, brand and package type to identify trends, opportunities and challenges to core business areas.
* Use syndicated and/or retailer specific data to develop, prepare and present with information and recommendations in support of category management and key retail sales initiatives (such as retailer performance, trends & opportunities, pricing effectiveness, promotion effectiveness, category space expansion opportunities, competitive landscape etc.).
* Responsibilities include (1) Analytic expertise (Syndicated, Retailer POS, Panel, ProSpace) (2) develop action plans and recommendations based on data and insights (3) develop strategic vision and selling materials to support Category Growth Plan.
* Responsible for collaborating with cross-functional team members to build fact based selling stories to identify key opportunities that will help drive Danone growth.
* Build and maintain long-term relationships with key buyers across Central Wholesale business.
* 4 year College degree in Business or a related field
* 2-3+ years sales analytic experience working with or within CPG industry
* Working knowledge of various sales analytic softwares/tools (e.g. IRI/Nielsen, ProSpace, Household Panel Data, Spectra, etc.)
* Sales presentation development/preparation experience
* Experience with Supervalu/SpartanNash/AWG and Central Grocers preferred
* Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong presentation skills
* Excellent attention to details
* Strong communication skills and flexibility with the ability to tell take data and tell a story
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you*
62082.Experience: Experienced professionals
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Manager, Marketing, Management