Associate Category Manager - Glassware
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Associate Category Manager is responsible for creating and executing VWR International s strategy for growing our Glassware portfolio in North America. In this role you serve as the company s point person and will routinely be engaged with some of the largest companies in the world either in assisting them in commercializing their products or playing a supportive role in helping to identify opportunities to improve business. Responsibilities include conducting sales and portfolio analytics, driving key initiatives and owning a set list of suppliers and identifying new game changing technologies in the industry.
* Responsible for sales and gross margin & net working capital for the Glassware portfolio.
* Develops & implements comprehensive strategic plans for the growth of the portfolio and Organization.
* Determines profitability of each of the product groups within the category and develops/executes strategies for improving that profitability.
* Creates a strategy to take market share of products including yet not limited to further penetration of existing products, new supplier acquisition and product line expansion.
* Assesses the market of innovative technical developments by both suppliers and competitors and researches our customer s needs/requirements for these innovations.
* Thoroughly understands our Market Segment needs and leads marketing efforts to drive profitable growth through sales organization.
* Responsible for the commercialization of suppliers/products as well as training for the Sales Team.
* Advises Executive Leadership on all supplier and customer activities as well as market trends.
* Manages cross-functional team of VWR associates and suppliers to execute strategic initiatives for growing the portfolio of products in North America.
* Collaborates with Strategic Sourcing Team when negotiating Terms and Conditions with Suppliers and in determining where the Suppliers fall in our Organizational Strategy.
* Manages sourcing projects to ensure that the correct mix of speed, cost, quality, and innovation is present in the product & supplier portfolio.
Experience & Skills:
* Communication skills ability to communicate effectively with a diverse number of constituents including Senior Leadership, Suppliers, Internal Customers and External Customers
* Negotiating skills to obtain the best financial Terms and Conditions for VWR from our suppliers
* Exceptional analytical skills ability to interpret information pertaining on sales reports, quality reports, purchasing reports in order to assess trends and address specific areas for opportunities for improvement
* Financial skills to assess sales, profit, inventory investment, payment terms, return on sales, return on capital employed and EBITDA to improve VWR s financial performance
* Market/Product Knowledge to assess the technology and innovation of products and the application for our laboratory customers so that we can identify and negotiate with suppliers for those products that we anticipate that our customers will wish to purchase from VWR
* Bachelor s degree; Master s degree in business, marketing or equivalent experience preferred
* 8+ years of marketing or related experience
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com.
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com.