Associate Chemist II(2nd shift) 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
*This is a Second Shift position, working Friday-Tuesday with Wednesday/Thursday as days off. Working hrs will be 2.30 PM-11:00PM *
Under direct supervision, performs specialized laboratory testing and analyses of substantial variety and complexity. Performs calculations, prepares reports and assess proper calibration and standardization of equipment and procedures. Records and analyzes data and prepares written reports.
* Perform routine tests and procedures and utilizes GMP/GLP practices.
* Performs complex/non-routine or detailed tests and analyses.
* Performs calculations, prepares reports, and assesses proper calibration and standardization of equipment and procedures.
* Implements tests and procedures requiring selection and adaptation of test equipment and test procedures with lab management supervision.
* Records and analyzes data and prepares written reports.
* May be required to train others to perform routine tests.
* Performs other duties as required.
Some University education (Equivalent to associates degree) in Chemistry or a related discipline plus generally two years of laboratory experience Knowledge of wet chemistry, dissolution testing, AOAC testing and knowledge of automated equipment.