This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
- Review sales, use and telecommunications tax data received on a monthly basis from KPMG compliance clients to determine if it is in the proper format for input into KPMG's mechanized tax processing systems
- Arrange the monthly data received into the proper tax location codes, tax types, tax categories, authority levels, taxpayer entities, and tax amounts
- Apply client specific business rules to the tax data received from tax compliance clients to modify the data for input into KPMG mechanized tax processing systems
- Once the data is ready for input, process the data for the returns using one or more of KPMG's mechanized tax systems
- Identify, document, and recommend client technological business requirements for sales, use, and telecommunications tax compliance processes, and system improvements
- Ability to design, test, and troubleshoot indirect tax technology solutions developed using Microsoft Access, Excel, or SQL Server
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Management Information Systems, or a related course of study from an accredited college/university
- Development knowledge using Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft Access required, and experience developing in .NET is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL Server, XML, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, or process mapping software
- Basic tax or accounting knowledge
- Experience in reviewing and working with transaction tax data received from the billing systems of wire line/wireless telecommunications companies or cable/broadband companies, and a working knowledge of federal, state, and local telecommunications transaction taxes imposed in the United States
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .