Associate Composite & Assembly Estimator 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
Support the proposal tasks for award of new business projects and estimating function for GKN Aerospace ACS. This position consists of evaluating and establishing manufacturing labor hours and material costs applicable to advanced aerospace production processes for large structural composite components and assemblies. The ideal candidate will be proficient in time management required for coordinating with other departments for cost inputs, understanding manufacturing methods, modelling total product cost, and generating parametric price spreadsheet templates in a customer deadline driven environment. The individual will support the cost and price evaluation & review process with senior management and assist with proposal pricing and management volumes submitted to the customer.
* Perform estimates and prepare material, cost, labor and non-recurring estimates by:
* Analyzing 3D models, drawings, specifications, work instructions, statements of work, and other documentation
* Identifying key process specifications and tolerances;
* Developing Bills of Material
* Coordinate action items and task lists that are to be supported by engineering, manufacturing and tooling department personnel for a complete work package concept
* Liaison with engineering and manufacturing personnel to develop a lean manufacturing plan to satisfy the manufacturing processes requested by the customer, with optional solutions for improvement that would be more cost effective
* Analyze capacity and floor space constraints
* Coordinate with purchasing to ensure quotes for purchased parts and subcontract services are incorporated into the cost estimate
* Compile all elements of cost into an overall price breakdown that will be compliant with commercial and military cost accounting standards.
* Prepare analysis and verification of product costs in support of special projects.
* Support Business Development, Commercial, and Manufacturing Support Personnel as required.
* Support the bid/no bid process by performing an initial assessment of the bid package.
* Prepare and review information for presentations to management.
* Support the vision and mission for the Company, and the strategies and processes to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and management.
* Support the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment by adhering to Company policy and various government regulations.
* Comply with the GKN Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
* Comply with the Company's Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Policies and to provide fair and equitable treatment for all employees while ensuring optimum productivity and resource utilization.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Technology, Mathematics. Associates degree in a technical capacity or military experience with related work experience preferred. Consideration may be made for non-degree candidates with relevant technical drafting experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Technical models and drawings (Catia, ENOVIA, Unigraphics, AUTOCAD)
is a plus
* Manufacturing & mechanical Assembly processes
* Knowledge of Aerospace/aircraft composite structures preferred but not required.
REQUIRED SKILL IN:
* Ability to read and interrogate models (2D and 3D) and drawings or possess the technically background or capability to develop these skills quickly
* Ability to interrogate and understand Statements of Work
* Must have acceptable written and oral presentation skills
* Must have analytical and planning skills, good personal computer skills (MS Office Suite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
GKN Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)