Associate Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Associate Consultant assists team members with a variety of tasks to provide client engagement support and coordination. The Associate Consultant ensures all support needs are met and assists with both engagement and non-engagement tasks. The incumbent provides basic administrative support to team members and is available to work overtime and travel as needed to assist with projects at client sites. Duties detailed below are core, and can vary somewhat, depending on the practice area to which an Associate Consultant is assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Copies or scans and uploads workpapers at client site or in Ryan office.
* Downloads, prints, and organizes workpapers for review.
* Scans, formats, codes, and maps client data into databases.
* Performs research on client and industry for team members.
* Assists engagement team in preparing and distributing client deliverables.
* Prepares e-mails, memos, letters, and confirmation requests.
* Gathers required signatures on forms and letters.
* Creates files for clients and projects utilizing Microsoft Excel and Access.
* Answers telephone calls and takes accurate and concise messages.
* Maintains calendar appointments and deadlines to ensure proper accountability and client deadlines are observed.
* Makes travel arrangements as needed.
* Maintains communications (e-mail, written, phone, and fax) while team is traveling.
* Tracks and reports time and expenses in detail for self and Manager as needed.
* Takes direction from multiple team members to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, meeting critical deadlines and seeking assistance with prioritization when needed.
* Works effectively in a complex, deadline-driven environment.
* Handles tasks in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
* Handles and safeguards confidential information and sensitive material.
* Maintains ability to quickly learn new procedures with limited direction.
* Researches and manipulates data.
* Possesses solid analytical aptitude, research, and problem-solving skills.
* Follows instructions explicitly, knowing when to ask questions to seek clarification.
* Utilizes strong grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
* Maintains a professional and positive attitude at all times, being a team player and able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
* Works overtime and travels independently as needed.
* Performs other duties and assists with other projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two-year (associate) college degree, with minimum of three years related practice-specific experience OR four-year, any major, degree from accredited university, with minimum overall GPA of 2.80. No experience required. Accounting and financial knowledge, experience, and education a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid driver s license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities..