Associate Database Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160805-8049-SLB
Company Name: Verisk Health
Verscend Technologies (formerly Verisk Health) drives better healthcare outcomes through data analytics. Our payment accuracy, revenue integrity, risk assessment and stratification, and quality improvement solutions help organizations utilize their data so they can efficiently and cost-effectively succeed in the new era of healthcare. Learn more at www.Verscend.com.
The Associate Database Developer brings business, health care, data modeling and process modeling concepts/Knowledge to both functional and operational development efforts. Model and implement data structures which forward the architectural, business objective, scalability, flexibility and best practice interests of Quality Measures.
* Work collaboratively with team membersLeads to construct and manage optimized data structures.
* Develop and maintain Database objects in Oracle and SQL Server versions.
* Optimize existing queries and use proven efficient ways to write new SQL queries.
* Interact with business analysts, Front end developers and product owners while gathering requirements and end user acceptance.
* Adhere to common database standards and procedures within database coding. Maintain documentation related to Instructions, database platforms, guidelines, methods and standards.
* Document and improve existing processes.
* Provide assistance to the engineering team to share responsibilities, as an agile team member to meet deliverables.
* Need to provide estimates for tasks based on the requirements.
* Effectively communicate to supervisors/senior team members for assistance with critical problems/issues that may arise.
* Review and comply with the federal laws and regulations (HIPAA).
* Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
* Ensure successful and timely completion of assigned tasks.
* Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Bachelor s Degree and 3 years related experience; or an advanced degree with 0-2 years; or equivalent directly related work experience.
* Knowledge of relational database s objects and their functions.
* Has excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
* Experience with SQL queries.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
* Healthcare understanding and experience is a plus.
* Strong consultative ability.
* Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results on time and meet timelines.
* Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and methodologies spanning development, testing, and release and deployment management.
* Microsoft certification or Oracle Certified Associate is a plus.
* Must be able to read and comprehend complex technical documents.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.