Associate Designer Temporary 9/3/2016
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Associate Designer is responsible for creating store designs for a regional market consistent with the companys brand standards while adhering to cost, schedule, and operational requirements. This position works on 30 - 40 projects annually. The Associate Designer manages construction documents and coordinates with in-house Real Estate, Construction, and Operations for new stores
* Assists in creating store designs that meet company standards within a regional market, works on 30 - 40 projects annually. Coordinates with in-house Real Estate, Construction, and Operations in the design of new stores.
* Reviews due diligence information from Real Estate Managers as the basis for developing preliminary designs, such as floor plans and site plan evaluations.
* Reviews construction documents produced by outside consultants, and monitors their timing, cost, and quality.
* Supports Design Manager in obtaining approvals of preliminary designs from Project Managers, Real Estate Managers, Operations, regulatory agencies, and landlords.
* Assist in developing conceptual design packages for city review and approval in coordination with consultants and Real Estate Managers.
* Coordinates with consultants, landlords, and Project managers to ensure permits are obtained on a timely basis.
* Oversees outside consultants in terms of cost and quality of work, approves submitted invoices and manages and communicates project status and schedules until permit ready for construction.
* Monitors projects throughout design process and coordinates the planning process on behalf of Project Managers until final plan approval from the landlord and city.
Assists Design Managers in new concepts including finish selections, vendor management, and implementing new art programs.
* Bachelors degree in Design, Architecture, or Civil Engineering or related field required
* Knowledge of CAD, Photoshop, and Sketchup preferred. Successful completion of annual store training
* Communication (oral and written) and listening skills
Panda Restaurant Groups culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.