Associate Director, Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Architect to join our KPMG Technology Group in our Montvale, NJ office.
- Provide technical design and architectural leadership, including documenting and diagramming the logical, physical, and process views within a technology domain
- Facilitate organizational change by defining strategies for the Firm with respect to technology domain standards and design goals
- Develop and maintain roadmaps, which include product selection, versions, upgrades, projects and milestones
- Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks and increase security
- Lead efforts for technology evaluations, which involves identifying a weighted feature matrix for a specific need and evaluating and scoring products against the desired features; Research activities include readings, proof-of-concepts (POCs), and lab testing
- Collaborate with project teams to assist in delivery of the solution implementation by providing guidance as needed to engineering and operations teams
- Minimum eight years of experience in an IT environment as an architect delivering enterprise solutions in the network technology domain
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Master's degree from an accredited college/university preferred
- Experience leading a technology team providing leadership and technology direction to senior engineers and technology staff
- Strong ability to analyze, understand, and identify the best design for a technical solution with respect to the tradeoffs of architectural principals including:
agility, complexity, cost effectiveness, deployment effort, flexibility/extensibility, interoperability/compatibility, maintainability, operability, performance, productivity, scalability, security, speed of delivery, and standardization
- Advanced experience with the following technologies & protocols:
TCP/IP, Routing and Switching Design, Network Analysis, Load Balancing hardware/concepts, Wireless Networking, Enterprise WAN design (e.g., MPLS, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN) and DMZ Design Concepts
- Preferred knowledge in the following areas:
DNS (Infoblox), Network Security (Proxies, Firewalls, NAC, IPSec Site to Site, DMZ, Client VPN, URL Filtering, IDS/IPS, SIEM, etc.), Voice Communications, Network Management, WAN Optimization and Data Center Design
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .