Associate Director, Architecture
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Architecture to join our KPMG Technology Group in our St. Louis, MO, Montvale, NJ or Roseland, NJ office.
- Provide technical design and architectural leadership, including documenting and diagramming the logical, physical, and process views within a technology domain
- Facilitate organizational change by defining strategies for the Firm with respect to technology domain standards and design goals
- Develop and maintain roadmaps, which include product selection, versions, upgrades, projects and milestones
- Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks, and increase security
- Lead efforts for technology evaluations, which involves identifying a weighted feature matrix for a specific need and evaluating and scoring products against the desired features; Research activities include readings, proof-of-concepts (POCs), and lab testing
- Collaborate with project teams to assist in delivery of the solution implementation by providing guidance as needed to engineering and operations teams
- Minimum eight years experience managing and supporting technical projects and leading the technical direction of a team of senior engineers and technology staff
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Master's Degree from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Strong ability to analyze, understand, and identify the best design for a technical solution with respect to the tradeoffs of architectural principals including:
agility, complexity, cost effectiveness, deployment effort, flexibility/extensibility, interoperability/compatibility, maintainability, operability, performance, productivity, scalability, security, speed of delivery, and standardization
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work
- Must be able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team and foster the development of high performance teams and interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .