Associate Director, BSN Program
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Newport News, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate Director, BSN Program is responsible for contributing to the overall development, management, supervision, and evaluation of the BSN Program. This includes supervision of faculty and students. The position is a full-time position with travel between campuses. The Associate Director has a teaching assignment, and may fill in for faculty during absences or staffing shortages. The Associate Director serves as the Director in her/his absence.
* Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the systematic program evaluation plan.
* Assists the Director in communication and documentation for programmatic accreditation.
* Assists the Director in the self-study and preparations for the site visit.
* Maintains programmatic accreditation standards across the program.
* Provides evaluation data to the systematic program evaluation plan annually.
Faculty & Teaching:
* Interviews and recommends qualified applicants for positions on the nursing faculty.
* Orients and mentors new faculty.
* Develops, implements, and evaluates online and hybrid classroom teaching and instructional materials.
* Maintains all course materials in an organized manner in the designated system.
* Provides evaluation and feedback to the program on course materials, current changes in practice, standards of practice, and student accomplishment of course and program outcomes.
* Attends educational programs to improve the program, and online and classroom teaching skills, course materials, and methods of evaluating student learning, and certification.
* Identifies clinical sites for preceptorships and initiates the contract process for the program.
* Recommends revisions and updates for the College Catalog.
* Demonstrates evidence-based teaching.
* Participates in academic advisement, selection, and advisement of students.
* Participates at graduation and pinning ceremonies.
* Approaches teaching and learning from a coaching-mentoring paradigm where nonpunitive feedback is encouraged for faculty and students.
* Objectively evaluates student success and reports progress in recruitment, retention, graduation rates through the program evaluation committee as chair of the program evaluation committee.
* Implements and evaluates the mission, philosophy, program outcomes, course outcomes, and systematic evaluation plan on a regular basis.
* Provides input into development and administration of the program s budget.
* Provides opportunities for faculty evaluation of the curriculum, teaching, and program effectiveness.
* Evaluates and revises the curriculum as recommended by the curriculum committee.
* Participates in and evaluates student admissions process, progression, retention, and graduation policies.
* Documents data-based decisions in faculty and committee meetings.
* Maintains and submits C.V. annual faculty report on time.
* Maintains and upholds the policies and procedures of the MSN Program and College of Nursing.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Maintains current practice expertise in the area of specialty.
* Contributes toward professional growth through workshops, conferences, cross-training, faculty meetings, professional memberships, maintaining certifications and licensure.
* Coordinates and/or participates in special projects as required.
* All nursing faculty and administrators must hold a current, unencumbered license to practice registered professional nursing.
* Master Degree in Nursing.
* Masters-level teaching experience and prior experience administering a BSN program.
* Past experience teaching in or administering a CCNE or ACEN-accredited program.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.