Associate Director, Biologics Life Science Sourcing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Associate Director, Biologics Sourcing Life Science
EMD Millipore, a division of Merck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany is currently recruiting for an Associate Director, Biologics Sourcing Life Science, to be located in St. Louis, Missouri. Travel up to 15% may be required.
Merck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany is a leading global company for innovative and top-quality high-tech products in healthcare, life science, and performance materials. The company has six businesses Biopharmaceuticals, Consumer Health, Allergopharma, Biosimilars, Life Science, and Performance Materials and generated sales of 12.85 billion in 2015. Around 50,000 employees work in 66 countries to improve the quality of life for patients, to foster the success of customers, and to help meet global challenges. The life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, which operates as MilliporeSigma in the U.S. and Canada, has 19,000 employees and 65 manufacturing sites worldwide, with a portfolio of more than 300,000 products enabling scientific discovery.
The Associate Director will report to the Director, Sourcing Biologics Life Science for direct materials within MilliporeSigma s Life Science Procurement organization. The Associate Director will lead a group of procurement professionals to develop and execute complex sourcing strategies for inventoried direct materials.
* Partner with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, Marketing/Product Management, and Technical R&D leaders to identify opportunities in relevant product areas
* Lead global, cross-functional Sourcing Teams championing the strategic sourcing process within the organization
* Develop and lead strategic sourcing initiatives that impact sourcing decisions across all Life Science sites worldwide and manage the Sourcing process, including the RFI/RFP process and participation in make-buy conversion decisions on a global basis
* Continually identify and implement new opportunities for Cost Savings, Cost Avoidance, and Supply Security, and proactively track progress toward these objectives
* Develop and manage crucial supplier relationships, enhancing alignment and ensuring compliance with and performance of contract terms, as well as manage supplier selection process and confirm supplier selections are based on sound selection criteria and Total Value of Ownership (TVO)
* Work with Legal to establish and execute optimal contract terms and conditions with suppliers
* Analyze spend data in combination with identified market trends and dynamics to prioritize sourcing initiatives within designated spend categories
* Participate in supplier audits and assists in generating purchase specifications
* A minimum of a Bachelor s degree with focus in biomedical science (Cell Biology, Immunology, Physiology, Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering) or related field is required
* An advanced degree (MS, MBA, or PhD) is strongly preferred
* A minimum of 7 years professional experience in: procurement, strategic sourcing, new product development, technical services, product management or related field is also required
* Experience in a life science or pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred
* Demonstrated experience in category management and sourcing: Antibodies, Enzymes, Research and Diagnostic Kits (including protein detection, bioactivity, and cell-based functional assays), Cell Lines, Stem Cells, and other Cell Systems
* A minimum of 2 years management experience leading groups of direct reports (2 or more) is required
* Knowledge of strategic sourcing, category management, and supplier management concepts is required
* Proven contract development and negotiation skills
* Excellent communication skills (both oral and written); ability to speak and present effectively to peers and Senior Management
* Familiarity and proficiency with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle or similar) is strongly preferred
* International business experience (BRICK countries) is strongly preferred
* Knowledge of Licensing, Intellectual Property, and Royalty agreements is strongly preferred
We aim to solve the toughest problems in the industry by collaborating with the global scientific community, and through that help to increase access to healthcare. We deliver many of the most highly-respected brands in the industry, like Millipore, Milli-Q, SAFC and BioReliance. Our offering covers every step of the biotech production chain, creating a complete end-to-end workflow with enhanced customer service, a simplified interface and a leading distribution platform. Our innovative portfolio, well-balanced geographic reach, and industry leading capabilities, uniquely positions us to anticipate and deliver on customer needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.