Associate Director, Incentive Compensation 9/15/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Associate Director, Incentive Compensation
Finance and Accounting
General & Administrative Operations
Share | |Email this job
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, INCENTIVE AND COMPENSATION *LI
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Finance department is currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Associate Director, Incentives and Compensation. This person will be responsible for creating, analyzing, and restructuring plans across the company with focus on commercial/sales compensation. Our current opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
- Perform analyses to support visibility, decision-making and value-added recommendations around compensation/incentive structures and impact on performance
- Create, track, pay and report on incentive plans
- Oversee incentive payment records and incentive database
- Provide periodic financial reporting to senior management
- Spearhead retention initiatives through conversations around compensation and incentive plans
- Meet with senior management to discuss incentive structures and potential changes to existing incentive plans
- Bachelor s Degree in finance, economics, business, or another related field
- Minimum 4-6 years of professional experience
- Experience using quantitative analytical tools, specifically advanced MS Excel skills
- Discretion in handling sensitive firm, department, and individual performance information
- Experience working with compensation design and/or incentives
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven project management and planning skills
- Ability to communicate with internal clients
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY:
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are asked to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based our values and principles. Eavesdrop on a conversation among Advisory Board teammates--or a performance review, or a planning session and you're likely to hear phrases such as "running toward criticism" and "the power of language" used with sincerity and even passion. We function on a meritocracy we award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a high bar for talent, a performance-driven staff, and peers that constantly challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm and make an impact in industries that matter to everyone.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.