Associate Director, Internal Commercial Communications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com.
In this highly collaborative role, you will work closely with senior commercial leaders and other commercial functions to develop a systematic approach to communicating with field teams. The ideal candidate is someone who has held formal roles in communications, on a pharma/biotech commercial team, and on a customer facing team or has held a similar role in a marketing communications agency. He or she will have a high level of autonomy in handling a broad range of communication responsibilities. This individual will demonstrate strong attention to detail, ensuring all publications are accurate and free of errors. This position is located in Waltham, MA, and reports to the Director of Commercial Effectiveness.
* Optimize field communications platforms and processes
* Lead the creation and distribution of commercial communications across multiple formats (newsletters, email, webinars, voice-mail, internal sites, iPad/iPhone apps etc.) Keep field teams well informed of business critical communications and ensure proper field force direction and execution
* Work closely with key leaders in developing strategic presentations and business reviews
* Support sales leadership and the training team in the execution of key events (Product launches, POAs and Training meetings)
* Excellent written & verbal skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex ideas across a variety of audiences. Strong editing skills
* Strategic thinking and ability to take projects from concept to implementation
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables under tight timelines
* Collaborative work style, innovative thinking, strong work ethic, and positive, can-do attitude
* Ability to work closely with senior leaders to refine commercial messaging to promote consistent, clear, and compliant communications
* Bachelor's degree required
* 2+ years in a formal communications role
* 3-5+ years biotech/pharma experience strongly preferred in a marketing/agency, training, and/or field sales role
* Excellent business and editorial writing skills required (i.e., ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating communications quickly)
* Proficiency with web-based, digital communications and social media tools
* Demonstrated understanding of the commercial communication needs of a growing organization
* Experience collaborating with brand teams, sales teams, HR, legal, compliance, operations, senior executives and other internal stakeholders
* Strong project management skills required. Must be able to successfully work in a matrix organization, lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple complex projects
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.