Associate Director, MSN Program
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Virginia Beach, VA
* Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the systematic program evaluation plan.
* Assists the Director in communication and documentation for programmatic accreditation.
* Assists the Director in the self-study and preparations for the site visit.
* Maintains programmatic accreditation standards across the program.
* Provides evaluation data to the systematic program evaluation plan annually.
Faculty & Teaching:
* Interviews and recommends qualified applicants for positions on the nursing faculty.
* Orients and mentors new faculty.
* Develops, implements, and evaluates online and hybrid classroom teaching and instructional materials.
* Maintains all course materials in an organized manner in the designated system.
* Provides evaluation and feedback to the program on course materials, current changes in practice, standards of practice, and student accomplishment of course and program outcomes.
* Attends educational programs to improve the program, and online and classroom teaching skills, course materials, and methods of evaluating student learning, and certification.
* Identifies clinical sites for preceptorships and initiates the contract process for the program.
* Recommends revisions and updates for the College Catalog.
* Demonstrates evidence-based teaching.
* Participates in academic advisement, selection, and advisement of students.
* Participates at graduation and pinning ceremonies.
* Approaches teaching and learning from a coaching-mentoring paradigm where nonpunitive feedback is encouraged for faculty and students.
* Objectively evaluates student success and reports progress in recruitment, retention, graduation rates through the program evaluation committee as chair of the program evaluation committee.
* Implements and evaluates the mission, philosophy, program outcomes, course outcomes, and systematic evaluation plan on a regular basis.
* Provides input into development and administration of the program s budget.
* Provides opportunities for faculty evaluation of the curriculum, teaching, and program effectiveness.
* Evaluates and revises the curriculum as recommended by the curriculum committee.
* Participates in and evaluates student admissions process, progression, retention, and graduation policies.
* Documents data-based decisions in faculty and committee meetings.
* Maintains and submits C.V. annual faculty report on time.
* Maintains and upholds the policies and procedures of the MSN Program and College of Nursing.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Maintains current practice expertise in the area of specialty.
* Contributes toward professional growth through workshops, conferences, cross-training, faculty meetings, professional memberships, maintaining certifications and licensure.
* Coordinates and/or participates in special projects as required.
*All nursing faculty and administrators must hold a current, unencumbered license to practice registered professional nursing.
*Doctorate degree in Nursing
*Master Degree in Nursing.
*Masters-level teaching experience and prior experience administering a MSN or BSN program.
*Past experience teaching in or administering a CCNE or ACEN-accredited program.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.