Associate Director, Major Gifts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
University of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
ADVANCEMENT OFFICER III
Associate Director, Major Gifts
$6,559 - $13,225 monthly
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Founded in 1949, UCLA School of Law has garnered a reputation for artful teaching, influential scholarship and enduring innovation. As the first public law school in Southern California and the youngest top-ranked law school in the United States, UCLA Law has consistently pushed new boundaries in the study and practice of law. As a force for change and transformation, the ability for the School to raise funds plays a vital role in keeping this momentum going and ensuring that all generations benefit from the legacy that is uniquely and distinctly UCLA Law. To this end, the School of Law seeks an Associate Director of Major Gifts who will work closely with the Senior Director, Major Gifts and the Associate Dean of External Affairs to plan and implement a strong, proactive program to secure major gifts from a portfolio of individual prospects in support of the School's mission and strategic plan. Reporting to the Senior Director, Major Gifts, the Associate Director will be responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major individual prospects ($100,000 and up), with an emphasis on endowed chairs, fellowships, research centers, gifts in-kind, and unrestricted endowments in the $250,000 or higher range. The Associate Director works collaboratively with major gifts officers, faculty and key administrators to increase the number and size of individual gifts; coordinates and staffs donor visits, working with Central Development and within the School; and hosts VIP visitors to UCLA School of Law. The Associate Director visits specified geographic regions in the U.S. to cultivate donors and acts as a liaison to the central major gifts officers to foster effective collaboration between that office and the School in managing regional giving prospects, and connecting central major gifts staff to appropriate staff and faculty at UCLA Law. The Associate Director works closely with the School's Dean, Associate Dean, volunteers, faculty, students, development staff, and other colleagues school-wide and campus-wide and accompanies and staffs deans on prospect and donor calls.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Minimum of three years of progressively responsible development experience, preferably in higher education fundraising.
2. Proven skills in developing sophisticated strategies in planning, implementing, and administering complex major gift solicitations.
3. Strong documented record of gifts solicited and closed in the special and major gifts range.
4. Experience in making cold calls and resilience in dealing with initial resistance and rejection.
5. Significant volunteer and staff management experience.
6. Familiarity with prospect screening activities and applications.
7. Persuasive oral and written communication skills to prepare and present solicitation strategies, proposals and other marketing materials.
8. Ability and personality to work collaboratively with faculty, deans, volunteers, and development colleagues campus-wide.
9. Ability to exercise initiative and accept responsibility to work proactively and with minimum supervision.
10. Skill in motivating colleagues, volunteers, and donors.
11. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
12. Skilled in database and office software and fundraising databases.
13. Ability to travel and work occasional nights and weekends.
14. Highly developed organizational skills, focus and a goal-oriented temperament, with a high level of initiative and energy.
15. Demonstrated skill in problem solving and using judgment in situations requiring independent initiative and tact.
16. Proven skills and ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion.
17. High degree of professionalism.
18. Bachelor's degree preferred.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
THE TARGET SALARY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS BETWEEN THE POSTED MINIMUM AND $7,916.67 MONTHLY.
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position does not require E-Verify check.
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results