Associate Director Payor / Pharmacy Marketing 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Payor/Pharmacy Marketing Associate Director will take a lead role and be responsible for creating, managing, and supporting cross functional efforts for short and long term strategies as well as programs and tactics associated with market access for pain management products, and non-branded initiatives in the pharmacy space. Takes a lead role for assigned products on brand business unit teams and interacts extensively with the brand teams and Pharmacy Distribution Sales to gain and share customer insights, create customer tools, and develop compelling pharmacy and wholesaler messages. Partners with brand teams to develop pharmacy value propositions to optimize patient access of products. Implement and oversee pull-through (and push-up) programs for field sales force as the ultimate driver for cross collaborative efforts.
* Lead Pharmacy marketing and strategy for Purdue. Maintain and communicate a thorough understanding of the different market segments/ pharmacy wholesalers/distributors in the marketplace and conditions/trends that may have an impact on the operating environment (current and future) and the performance of the pharmaceutical industry and Purdue Pharma. Applies this knowledge to the development of portfolio, brand and customer segment plans and strategies designed to enhance performance.
* Partners with many functions throughout the organization (Pharmacy National Account Sales Team, HealthCare Systems, Field Sales, Medical Affairs, Forecasting, Analytics Market Research, Government Affairs, etc.) and leads cross-functional teams to:
* Understand and assess impact of customer point of view
* Outline implications for Purdue's business in pain management, including access of our products
* Develop insights for strategy development to determine our comprehensive interaction with payers and to collaborate on developing a market access plan
* Provide oversight on development of Pharmacy Marketing programs and Pharmacy Selling Program, which promotes access for our products.
* Provides guidance and support to the Pharmacy National Account Sales and Field Sales Teams through the development of pharmacy pieces.
* Actively participate as a member of the cross-functional brand teams for Purdue's pain management products. Working with Brand Management, Account Management Teams, to advance the development, dissemination and execution of programs (i.e., Pain PACT, "Pain Care Planning," LELE programs/Rx Patrol) that strengthen Purdue's reputation as a leader in pain management and support continuous improvement of disease management.
* In concert with Managed Markets Training, create training content and tools to support field personnel adoption and use of materials and pull-through programs.
* Develop strong partnership with advertising agencies and vendor partners to develop and implement creative solutions as well as the Purdue process to obtain internal review and approval.
* Develop and assess metrics to ensure successful program implementation and operation and manage program budgets.
* Interacts with customers and key customer organizations as needed, but it is not the primary role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
* Managed Markets/Marketing background required
* Pharmacy Marketing experience preferred
* Successful track record in pharmaceutical marketing, reimbursement, trade, payer, and/or sales
* Experience with increasing job responsibilities
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strategic thinker who can proactively analyze business problems, identify key issues, develop solutions, implement tactical programs, and design metrics to measure business impact
* Prior experience managing marketing/advertising/promotional budgets
* Strong communication, presentation, writing and leadership skills with the ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
* Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact
* Outstanding project planning and management skills as well as experience managing multiple vendors, marketing partners and agency partners
* Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
* Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues and experience working with medical, legal, and regulatory review committees
* Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
* Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams, including teams with Senior Leadership involvement or oversight
* Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
* Prior project management experience is required.
* Ability to clearly interpret and distill scientific, clinical and commercial information
* Ability to work across multiple functions (Account Teams, sales training, finance, medical affairs)