Associate Director, Platform Research Alliance Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAssociate Director, Platform Research Alliance Management
Dually reporting to the Head of Chemistry and the Head of Formulation and Delivery Technologies, the Associate Director of Research Platform Alliance Management will be responsible for managing alliances with Moderna s ventures and industry partners to facilitate deployment of platform advances in the context of therapeutic programs. The qualified candidate for this position will be a key liaison with other alliance managers in support of this objective. He or She will coordinate cross-functional activities with internal work groups in R&D, Production, Operations, Business Development, Legal, and Finance to ensure that teams are driving toward achievement of agreed upon goals.
* Serve as the Research Platform primary point of contact Moderna ventures with primary objective of coordinating the deployment of research platform advances
* Manage inventory of proprietary delivery and formulation components and work with internal and external suppliers to ensure seamless sourcing strategy
* Work with ventures and partners to forecast future needs for formulation and chemistry resources and materials
* Serve as liaison to therapeutic focused project teams to align needs of platform research
* Curate novel chemistry and formulation data generated across Moderna ecosystem
* Manage formulation requests from ventures including setting expectations, obtaining necessary information for scheduling and maintaining a prioritized queue and calendar
* Lead, organize and facilitate the quarterly Platform/Ventures meetings with Moderna Ventures, Research leaders and Alliance Managers
* Work with cross-functional leads and senior leadership both internally and with partners to help define goals for collaboration programs as well as management of tactical delivery of milestones and services
* Ensure timely delivery of collaboration research requirements, identify and resolve issues with technical groups
* Facilitate ongoing communication to understand key interdependencies, drive decision-making, issue resolution and execution across collaborations, as well as keeping all stakeholders informed and up to date on collaboration details
* Be familiar and close enough to details of the science, programs and day-to-day activities to be able to anticipate any potential program or collaboration issues
* Apply project management best practices, including development of timelines and budgets, development of agendas, streamlined and efficient meeting management, distribution of meeting summaries, and efficient follow up of all relevant action items
* Proactively identify opportunities for improvement to optimize collaboration effectiveness and outcomes
* Balance conflicting priorities across multiple objectives or programs, and ability to articulate risks and trade-offs
* Ph.D. or equivalent in life sciences
* 5+ years of experience in a biopharma setting
* Experience in, and excellent working knowledge of, RNA chemistry, mRNA biology and mRNA delivery technologies
* Successful track record in Project Management in a Biotech or Pharma environment
* The preferred candidate would have a PhD in chemistry, biology or biomedical engineering and excellent working scientific knowledge of all areas. He/she would have several years experience in biotech industry project management, particular at the research/early development stage and have worked within the context of an active industry alliance.
* Experience with project management tools such as MS Office, Visio and Gantt charts is a plus
* Demonstrated organizational skills, including knowledge of basic project management tools, budgets, and timelines
* Strong work ethic and a team orientation
* Attention to detail and solutions-orientated approach
* Highly effective oral and written communication skills
* Technical expertise in chemistry, RNA delivery and/or molecular biology