Associate Director, Pricing Governance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Serono is a leading US biopharmaceutical company exclusively focused on specialty care for more than 40 years. The US healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, integrates cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono s commercial business has a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology.
Purpose of the Role
The Associate Director of Pricing Governance will report directly to the Director of Pricing, Forecasting & Market Access Insights. In this role the Associate Director will be responsible for developing current and launch pricing strategies including overseeing and maintaining pricing policies and pricing governance for all EMD Serono products. The Associate Director of Pricing Governance will also develop price committee guidelines for all pricing strategies while maintaining appropriate pricing policies and governance for all EMD products including Oncology, Neurology, and Endocrinology Brands.
Work closely with commercial business leads for individual brands, and will partner with global, region, and alliance teams to build pricing decision consensus. The position will also be responsible for developing and leading a cross functional process to inform and manage pricing actions for launch and inline brands. This will include net impact analysis, operational forecasts, strategic and matric communication coordination.
Internal within EMD Serono
Market Access & Customer Solutions Contract Managers, Forecasting and Analytics, Marketing, Finance (TA Controllers), Government Pricing, Supply Chain, IT, Leadership and Pricing Council
External to EMD Serono
Market Access & Customer Solutions Customers (Accounts Commercial, Government, and Trade Accounts), Government agencies (CMS), Alliance Partners (Pfizer), and Third party vendors
Work with external consultants as required and matters related to pricing strategies, forecasting, and government reporting.
Internal and external auditors
Industry conferences and speaking opportunities
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Lead the development of value-driven pricing strategies for key US assets in development to support patient access and commercial success
* Participate in pricing landscape assessments, preliminary and launch pricing research and analysis, as well as strategic scenario planning and contracting option assessments, in conjunction with a matrix team (Therapeutic areas, Finance, Global & US Market Access, Health Outcomes, and Alliance teams)
* Develop innovative pricing and contracting approaches to support market entry, brand growth, and brand lifecycle management
* Support global list and net price recommendations to senior management as well as assess risks and implications of pricing decisions within all channels (ASP, etc.)
* Maintain and ensure adherence to EMD Serono pricing policies
* Manage the EMD Serono Pricing Committee, including evaluation of pricing exception requests and recommendations to senior management
* Maintain pricing data and reporting for products, review and manage pricing adjustments and increases to inform brand forecasts
* Continually enhance pricing strategy, methodologies and analytics capabilities for EMD Serono.
* Serve as EMD Serono subject matter expert on pricing practices, issues, and trends to inform matrix organization on pricing decision impact and risk assessment
* Collaborate within a matrix team to ensure appropriate forecast pricing of EMD Serono and Alliance products
* Ensure pricing strategies and execution align with therapeutic area brand vision and access strategies
* Will ensure operational launch readiness for forthcoming product launches to support market access discounts, rebates and payments including patient administered and physician administered products
* Will be responsible for developing and operationalizing a process to assess and inform the impact of all pricing actions across internal and external stakeholders including gross to net, contracted business, GP, ASP, AMP, PHS, 340B and other key impact areas
Candidate s Profile
* Bachelor s Degree minimum; MBA/MHA or other graduate level program preferred
* Fluent English language skills required
Professional Skills and Experience
* Ten or more years of pharmaceutical industry experience to include US pricing experience (Minimum of 5 years experience in managed markets)
* Experience with physician administered products covered under Medicare Part B required
* The candidate must possess expert level knowledge of pricing rules, processes, and considerations in US
* In-depth understanding of U.S. Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial environments
* Strong leadership skills and ability to influence within Matrix organization
* Experience working with alliance partners strongly preferred
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Excellent clinical, financial, and analytical skills and acumen
Personal Skills & Competencies
* Ability to work in intense, fast paced, matrixed, multinational work environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong supervisory experience required
* Complex problem solving
* Ability to be successful in an autonomous environment
* Process excellence and project management expertise is required
* Normal and routine office duties
* Position requires both domestic travel of 10% of time; infrequent international travel may be required
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.