Associate Director, Production Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PRODUCTION PLANNING - 1127
South San Francisco, CA
This role is responsible for development of production supply plans for finished Drug Product (DP), bulk DP, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient and raw materials for commercial and clinical needs. This person will work closely with key stakeholders including marketing (for commercial) and clinical supplies (for clinical) to build robust production plans to meet Company global supply requirements. This role will partner with commercial and clinical stakeholders to optimize and identify the most efficient processes and ensure internal data streams are provided with accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Thorough understanding of the supply chain from raw materials to finished labelled goods.
* Develop Master Production Schedules for commercial and clinical products, including managing the inventory and timely release of products to meet customer service expectations. Update and maintain daily production status report.
* Run production review meetings with manufacturing site.
* Develop and maintain scalable, effective, and efficient tools for production planning and site teams, as well as identify gaps in existing production planning capabilities to further drive system utilization.
* Maintain / update all relevant master data for planning and scheduling tools.
* Build and maintain planning processes and SOPs within Materials Management.
* Develop and manage analytics, metrics and reporting to identify and respond to improvement opportunities, scenario (what-if) planning and risk mitigation
* Create and implement supply chain analytics, planning, and resilience policy across the global supply chain for Company drug substances and drug products at all stages of the product lifecycle.
* Exercise good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* BS/BA degree in related discipline and eight years of related experience; or,
* MS/MA degree in related discipline and six years of related experience; or,
* PhD in related discipline and three years of related experience, or;
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* May require certification in assigned area.
* Experience working with MRP/ERP systems is required.
* Strong knowledge of production supply chain principles, GMP, FDA is required.
* Computer skills to include strong knowledge of Excel and ERP software experience.
* Must have strong analytical and communication capabilities. Strong attention to detail regarding documentation is required.
* Project management skills are preferred. Excellent organizational skills are required.
* Must have an ability to multi-task, be results and action oriented.
* Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
* Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results.
* Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.