Manager, Marketing Sciences (HIV)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager, Marketing Sciences (HIV) participates actively in Gilead's commercial efforts by leveraging their experience in forecasting / data analytics, as well as primary market research, to provide unbiased, objective, in-depth information about current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors.
Additionally, he or she identifies critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, and works to embed an external market point-of view into the strategic direction of the company.
Ideal candidate will have people management experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Core responsibilities for the Manager, Marketing Sciences will comprise the following:
* Creates, validates and refines patient based forecasts and strategic assessments. Communicates revenue information throughout the organization as appropriate.
* Complies and analyzes statistical data on past sales and trends (both our product and competitor), market penetration, market potential and future trends and makes recommendations based on findings.
* Working with key stakeholders, plays a key role in development and execution of market research plans supporting assigned therapeutic area.
* Plays a key role in monitoring and diagnosis of plan execution and specified metrics/indicators of commercial success and helps stakeholders to adjust their strategies and tactics to maximize opportunity
* Builds strategic thought partnership with brand teams by providing an objective commercial viewpoint based on in-depth understanding of brand and market.
* Manages market research studies, including project objective, design, vendor selection and oversight, monitoring of data collection, data analysis and interpretation. Develops relevant and compelling presentation of market research insights for key stakeholders, including brand leadership and senior management
* Keeps abreast of key market events and works to understand potential impact.
* Partners with brand marketing, managed care marketing, regulatory, finance, manufacturing, Commercial Operations functions and others, to provide a holistic analytical viewpoint, supporting strategic decision making across functional areas in preparation for a product launch. * Potential to manage 1-2 direct reports
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Strong strategic thinker who understands the critical role of forecasting/analytics and market research in commercial strategy development
In addition, the position requires the following capabilities:
* Strong data analytical, market research and interpretive skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines. Ability to represent the Marketing Sciences function on cross-functional teams. Includes first-line accountability for Marketing Sciences contributions.
* Strong communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required. Demonstrates persuasive written and verbal communication skills. Is effective in a variety of presentation settings. Is comfortable around, and influential with, higher management.
* Strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques, Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers. Uses creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms.
* Sought out as an analytical expert and, more importantly, as a strategic adviser. Grasps key issues quickly, understands the "big picture" and links market insights to larger issues.
* Proven experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources e.g., IMS, SHA and Chart Audits are required.
* Good project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution.
* Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to tease out information required for decision-making. Can handle risk and uncertainty.
* Strong commitment to quality. Consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience. Delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable.
* Experience as a people manager is required.
* Ability to travel up to 20% of the time may be required.
*Bachelors in Business, Economics, Finance or related field plus 5-8+ years of relevant experience in sales/marketing analysis, statistical analysis, and financial forecasting, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. Or Masters, MBA plus 2-6+ years relevant experience.
* Experience developing forecasts for new and inline products, and conducting quantitative analysis is required. * Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research is highly desired. Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, including appropriate application of data collection and analytic approaches.
* Previous experience in launching products, and exposure to pharmaceutical product development and brand marketing are preferred.
* BA/BS degree required. MBA or other advanced degree that is relevant to position is desirable.
* Experience in life sciences, healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotech industry strongly preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :