Associate Director, Strategic Pricing Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID 41964BR
Title Associate Director, Strategic Pricing
Job Category Pricing
Job Description PURPOSE:
Leads macro-level pricing projects, including but not limited to list and pipeline pricing strategy for all Diabetes and Biopharmaceutical products. Strategic Pricing point for Managed Market Strategy s pricing related projects. Develops the Strategic Pricing Team s execution strategy for approved channel pricing strategies. Develops ongoing relationships with Managed Markets and Brand Teams to ensure alignment on list and net pricing strategy recommendations.
Reports to the Sr. Director, Strategic Pricing. Interacts frequently in collaborations with internal and external management and key business partners. Works closely with VP, Pricing, Contract Operations and Reimbursement; Brand Teams, U.S. and Global Marketing Management, Contract Management and Compliance, Global Market Access, Managed Markets Strategy, Health Economics, Financial Planning and Analysis, and teams supporting Pricing Committee. Manages a team of 1-3 exempt level employees.
* Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Novo Nordisk policies, procedures and the Novo Nordisk Way
* Demonstrates knowledge of internal business operations and industry best practices and applies this knowledge to analyses, processes and deliverables
* Maintains and updates all Pricing SOPs in compliance with all applicable regulations
* Works closely with the Director, Strategic Pricing, Manager, Compliance and the Director, Financial Controls and Compliance to ensure the effectiveness of procedures
* Responsible for ensuring all newly developed Managed Market Strategies get communicated well in advance of implementation to the Operational Teams in PCOR (Government Pricing, Rebate Management and Contracts & Compliance)
* Responsible for staying current on reimbursement, legislative, and regulatory guidelines, market trends, pricing and competitive activity, and collaborates with internal customers, including the Brand Teams and Managed Markets Strategy to develop pricing strategies and execution plans on any pricing related activities/changes
* Conducts payer research to support recommendation around launch price
* Leads the analysis of the impact on pricing decisions/ recommendations on Average Realized Price/profitability
* Develops pricing rationale around business case to Senior Management based on analysis
* Leads and takes ownership of market research as it relates to specific payer / reimbursement issues impacting Novo Nordisk profitability
* Monitors competitive pricing information and the impact of other environmental factors that could impact list/net pricing behaviors
* Leads the yearly review of current pricing strategies and owns the process for developing recommendations for the next calendar year
* Proactively drives price sensitivity/price elasticity studies for new and in-line products with resultant break-even elasticity
* Acts as liaison between Managed Markets Strategy and Strategic Pricing groups, particularly in the development and communication of product pricing guidelines and channel strategies
* Ensures proper and correct execution and notification of list price changes
* Ensures proper launch of product including notification of prices, correct system updates, and special terms/dating
* Oversees 3rd party relationships with price vendors/companies
* Works and develops key pipeline strategy projects with respect to all pricing recommendations
* Works with New Product Commercialization, Diabetes and BioPharm Marketing and Global Market Access to develop pricing scenarios and strategy for all pipeline products starting in Phase II Clinical trials. Reviews and adjusts pricing strategies at key milestones
* Partners with the Sr. Director, Strategic Pricing to conduct periodic meetings with Brand Teams to align on list and net strategies
* Partners with the Sr. Director, Strategic Pricing, Brand Management and Channel Directors to optimize pricing and profitability, and perform pricing functions for all in-line
* Provides Novo Nordisk s FP&A team with guidance throughout the year on all strategic list price assumptions
0-10% overnight travel required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* A Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in a business related discipline; An advanced degree and/or MBA is preferred
* A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible related experience in any of the following areas: Pricing, Contracting, Consulting, Managed Markets Strategy and/or Portfolio Analysis in the pharmaceutical industry is required
* A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience required
* A strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other key platforms is required
* Must have the ability to communicate at all levels within and outside of the organization
* Must have the ability to deliver messages and presentations in a clear, confident manner
* Advanced analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills required
* Must have demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage and influence others to ensure business objectives are met
* Must have demonstrated leadership skills; ability to develop team members through mentoring and coaching
* Leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision and engage people in that vision is required
Department FIN - STRATEGIC PRICING (2)
Position Location US - Princeton, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you ll feel a difference right from the start. It s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your