Associate Director, US, HEOR - Field 9/1/2016
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Department Name
Health Economics & Outcomes
An Associate Director, US HEOR Field, will develop on-going professional relationships with healthcare decision makers, health economic and outcomes investigators, and public and private payers and policy makers who have an evidence-based medicine and patient population focus as they relate to Eisai s products and disease states. The candidate in this position will provide health economic and outcomes research presentations, conduct collaborative research, and enter into evidence based medicine discussions with healthcare providers, health economic researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, quality improvement specialists, hospital and managed care formulary decision makers and consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid and Medicare decision makers, and others.
Identify and interface with regional and national HEOR experts and organizations, profile data sources and organizations who conduct real world outcomes research as they relate to Eisai s products and therapeutic areas.
Add to the existing HEOR knowledge base of researchers, data sources and organizations who conduct real world outcomes research as they relate to Eisai s products and therapeutic areas to support value messages.
Develop and communicate HEOR data of varying levels of complexity to formulary and healthcare policy decision makers and their expert influencers in compliance with company policies. Increase the knowledge and awareness of the value propositions of Eisai s marketed products allowing key healthcare and formulary professionals to make informed therapeutic decisions on behalf of patients and their providers.
Identify real-world research concepts, liaise with HEOR leads, and collaborate on study design and analysis. Generate evidence that support value propositions of Eisai s marketed products and compounds in development.
Closely monitor national and regional changes in healthcare policy and payer environment, assess competitive data/gaps and communicate these back to the organization, to help Eisai stay competitive and on the cutting edge of EBM issues and HEOR data for purposes of strategic and commercial planning.
1. Advanced degree in a related field (e.g M.D., PhD, PharmD, DPH)
2. Minimum 5 years of previous experience working in outcomes research or health economics in the pharmaceutical, managed care or consulting industries.
3. Working knowledge and experience in health economics, health outcomes, patient-reported outcomes, epidemiology, health policy, and related research methodologies.
4. Strong overall written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to present technical information clearly and simply.
5. Understanding of the pharmaceutical and corporate environment and appreciation for Commercial objectives.
6. Knowledge and experience in managed care, formulary decision making and payment and access issues is a plus.
7. Skills to establish relationships with health outcomes research experts in therapeutic areas of interest.
8. Ability to assess issues and think strategically.
1. Experience as a Health Outcomes liaison or field-based professional.
2. Disease knowledge in the therapeutic areas of interest to Eisai.
3. Sound computer skills including applications for word processing, producing slide materials and working with spreadsheets.
4. Knowledge of regulations related to communication and dissemination of information and of the compliance environment.
Auto req ID
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet