Associate Director of Human Resources 8/24/2016
The Dubin Group
Newtown Square, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: Job ID 8900
Our client, a consulting company that provides healthcare services to their clients, is seeking an Associate Director of Human Resources. This position manages the human resources employees in the corporate HR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of these employees. This position also acts as coach and mentor to Human Resources managers /assistants/ generalists located at other company locations throughout the country. This company stands out in the market due to its commitment to top notch service, an excellent leadership team and state of the art technology. The revenues of the company prove their philosophy was successful and revenue soars into the billions today by helping their clients reach their goals in areas including quality and cost. Due to growth, the company continues to recruit new employees and works just as hard to retain them. Internal incentives, promotions, benefits, PTO, on-site employee services and food service in the building are just some of the perks this client offers! Join a great team growing leaps and bounds!
* Direct the planning, directing and supervising all activities relating to administration and maintenance of employee benefits programs.
* Direct the development, implementation and control of HR programs in a manner that ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and fairness among employees.
* Partner with leadership team to determine human resource needs in their areas of organization.
* Oversee the performance management process and work with leaders on their coaching and alignment sessions. Provide training and consultation as necessary.
* Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and associates regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, harassment, and terminations.
* Implement procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and work with HR staff to educate Managers
* Administer benefits programs, including conducting analysis and serving as contact with insurance broker, providers (including group health and life), workers' compensation, unemployment.
* Assist in the organization's safety efforts, including serving on the corporate safety committee.
* Conduct or coordinate investigations into employee misconduct, and ensure manager compliance with company's disciplinary process and employee performance tracking.
* Assist the Vice President Human Resources in the administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization.
* Develop, prepare, generate and analyze ongoing and special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as benefits costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, affirmative action/EEO, compensation, promotions, etc. Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information.
* Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed applicable federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resource management. (Company currently operates in 18 states within the United States.) Identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly.
* Review and make recommendations for improvement of the company's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters,
* Draft and revise new and existing human resources policies under the direction of the company's legal counsel and VP HR.
* Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of company wage, salary, bonus and commission programs.
* Work closely with the leadership team to drive vectors of talent management (talent acquisition, on-boarding, performance management, professional development, succession planning, retention and post-employment contact).
* Audit or coordinate internal audit of HR practices on periodic basis.
* Recommend, evaluate and participate in management and hourly employee engagement and professional development.
* Work collaboratively with company's IT and payroll departments on all HR related matters.
* Assist in the development, selection and administration of a new human resource system that meets company's HR workflow, performance evaluation, benefits, workers compensation, leave/PTO tracking and other personnel information needs.
* Track, analyze and interpret human resources data in furtherance of company's evolving labor and management needs and a continuously improving employee experience.
* Participate on committees and special projects as requested and seek additional responsibilities.
* 10+ years of related HR experience
* 5+ years of management and/ or Director level experience
* Strategic and Innovative Thinking about HR Solutions.
* Human Resources Analytics and Human Resources Capacity & Planning experience
* Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations (e.g. ADA, PDA, Title VII, FMLA, FLSA, workers compensation laws etc.).
* Ability to exercise good judgment, tact, and confidentiality in all matters.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work well with others
* Organizational skills as well as confidence and resourcefulness working independently but also a strong team player.
* Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Proficiency with various benefits and payroll software platforms.