Associate Engineer - ClearPath OS 2200
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Unisys is a global information technology ('IT') company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com .
*This position is for a June 2017 start date*
Position Overview :
Unisys Roseville designs, builds, and manages mission-critical environments for businesses and governments who have no room for error. Because we have a deep understanding of high-volume, transaction-intensive, reliable, and secure computing, we can partner with our clients to deliver operational efficiencies, reduced complexity, and increased productivity. The ClearPath OS 2200 Products provide a robust, high performance, secure environment needed for the Unisys ClearPath OS 2200 Enterprise class server family.
Our Associate Engineers work on the ClearPath OS 2200 Products within a high-performing, development team. They will work closely with an assigned senior, engineering mentor within a component team. Associate Engineers design, develop, and support features for the complex, mission-critical ClearPath OS 2200 platform, software, tools, and technologies.
Feature development and support for our products encompass the following components:
* Instruction Processor Emulation
* Network Communications
* I/O Complex
* Transaction Processing
* System Security System and server management
* Multi-host systems
* Linux kernel and process management
* System software test
* Rapid application development product
* Performance Analysis
The ClearPath OS 2200 Systems are being enhanced with underlying technology providing increased capability in the areas listed above.
Working with an experienced, software engineering mentor, the Associate Engineer will participate in the software development or system test in an area based on their experience and interest. Based on the assigned component and feature, each Associate Engineer will perform a subset of the following tasks for ClearPath OS 2200 features:
* Design, implement, test, and document feature code
* Design, write, and execute system tests
* Document problems found
* Learn existing platform and operating systems
* Research ways to improve software
* Prototype new approaches
* Support the end product
Skills, Experience & Qualifications :
* Education: * Currently enrolled or recently graduated with a degree in a Bachelor's of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar discipline (Graduation dates between June 2016 and June 2017)
* Theoretical or college projects related to programming languages
* 2.8 GPA or higher
* Prior work, Intern or Co-op experience desired but not required
* Technical Skills: * Experience working with one or more major programming languages
* Basic C/C++ programming skills
* Knowledge in These Areas is a Plus: * Computer architecture
* Operating systems concepts
* Software test theory
* Dynamic Translation or Compiler Optimization concepts
* Functional Skills: * Individuals who have a passion for technology and are driven by results
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
* Strong team players with demonstrated strength in problem solving
* Self-starters able to learn and apply core skills in proprietary, Windows, or Open development environments
* Good written and verbal communicators
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.