Associate Engineer Customer Reliability
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER CUSTOMER RELIABILITY
JOB ID 20162806 DATE POSTED 08/15/2016 Description
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Focusing on the overall electric system, our department maintains and analyzes data on distribution and transmission performance improvement. These corrective action programs are designed to avoid or reduce electric outages to our customers and resultant regulatory penalties and improve customer satisfaction.
Performs and studies data related to the reliability of the Electric Transmission, Substation & Distribution Systems, and their components. This position requires interfacing with representatives from several Massachusetts based electric companies to identify and assess reliability issues and to identify and drive corrective actions.
* Develop and analyze data in order to recommend changes to the capital and maintenance budgets associated with the various reliability improvement programs
* Work closely with Massachusetts electric Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Directors and Managers in order to maintain/improve overall system reliability.
* Responsible for calculating reliability metrics for electric power distribution systems, including SAIFI, SAIDI, and CAIDI.
* Minimal travel within our service territory may be required.
* Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Power Systems Engineering with three or more years of relevant technical experience preferred.
* 3+ years related experience preferred. Will consider recent graduates.
* Demonstrated knowledge base of Electric T&D Systems, including construction standards, work methods, electric outage management system, and GIS.
* Competent in the use of computer software packages such as Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Python, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc. to organize and assemble data into reports and/or presentation formats.
* Must be able to respond off hours for planned or emergency overtime.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Aug 15, 2016, 2:43:34 PM