This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnisys is a global information technology ('IT') company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com .
*This position is for a June 2017 start date*
Position Overview :
An Associate Engineer works as a member of a high-performing, development team and applies software or systems engineering methods and techniques to the design, development, integration, qualification, and/or support of products and tools within one or more limited area of expertise. These areas include, but are not limited to: operating systems, mission critical database technologies, compilers, security (network and enterprise servers), server virtualization, platform level emulation and systems management, release tooling/automation, and enterprise performance characterization.
Systems programmers are involved in the full product, development life-cycle from requirements gathering through design, implementation, testing, and support. Our product development, life-cycle processes utilize agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum) to maintain project workflow. Our software is written in both modern technologies (e.g. Java, C, C++, .Net) and system proprietary languages and is run on Windows, Linux, and the ClearPath MCP OS environments.
* Learn an area or product relying on team for domain knowledge
* Receive task estimates typically from team leader/mentor with some input
* Implement defined tasks that maintain and enhance code to meet changing customer/industry needs
* Perform initial analysis of problems in defined areas. Assist in gathering information to aid in problem debug and resolution
* Fix defects in defined areas of code with assistance. Create clear and accurate change/patch documentation
* Write/run tests in defined product areas and document problems found
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
* Education: * Currently enrolled or recently graduated with a degree in a Bachelor's of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar discipline (Graduation dates between June 2016 and June 2017)
* 2.8 GPA or higher
* Prior work, Intern or Co-op experience desired but not required
* Technical Skills: * Experience working with one or more major programming languages
* Knowledge of Engineering Concepts
* Familiarity with software development lifecycle (SDLC) concepts
* Interest or experience in enterprise servers, operating systems, databases, emulation concepts
* Familiarity with a block structured language a major plus
* Functional Skills: * Individuals who have a passion for technology and are driven by results
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
* Strong team players with demonstrated strength in problem solving
* Self-starters able to learn and apply core skills in proprietary, Windows, or Open development environments
* Good written and verbal communicators
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
PLEASE NOTE: To apply to this position, please click the APPLY button above. After you enter your information, click SAVE. You will not be able to click on the SUBMIT button but be assured that we will receive your information. Thank you for your interest in Unisys.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.