Associate, Federal Financial Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join our Federal Advisory practice.
- Review and evaluate financial risk, financial reporting, and accounting transactions processes including controls related to Federal entities
- Review and evaluate Federal financial business processes and financial statements
- Manage across the project lifecycle including assisting with scope definition, business case development, vendor assessment, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, training, and implementation phases
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and identify opportunities to provide additional services
- Contribute to design, preparation, and analysis of reports and findings in a clear, logical, and concise manner
- One year of experience in government financial management focusing on Federal financial reporting and/or auditing in accordance with Office of Management & Budget (OMB) guidance, Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) standards, and Government Accountability Office (GAO) Yellow Book
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited college/university; CPA and/or CGFM/CDFM certifications preferred
- Experience in the preparation, review, and/or analysis of financial statements for U.S. Federal government entities; working knowledge of the USSGL preferred
- Experience analyzing financial and systems processes and controls
- U.S. citizenship required
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .