Associate Financial Advisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: *Sales position*
Provides administrative and sales support in order to assist the assigned Financial Advisor reach assigned sales and referral goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Contacts existing customers and prospects to schedule appointments and assists customers with paperwork and account information at their home or place of business.
* Assesses customer needs and discusses products offered by HIS.
* Makes and processes sales in the absence of the Financial Advisor.
* Verifies trades and executes orders.
* Creates maintains client files and verifies all paperwork has been properly completed for each type of account.
* Assists bank associates to increase referral opportunities.
* Attends various sales meetings and events.
* Assures all forms are available for Financial Advisor and orders supplies as needed.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management.
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE:
* Requires a high School diploma or equivalent with 2 years of sales experience.
* Prefer experience within the brokerage/insurance industry and/or retail banking.
* Prefer a bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
* Must have FINRA series 7 and series 66 license or be able to obtain them within the time frame stipulated by the hiring manager. A current series 63 and 65 registration can substitute for the series 66.
* Must be able to obtain a multi-state Life Insurance license within 90 days of employment
* An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
* Ability to learn investment principles, products, and regulations.
* Basic understanding of sales techniques and cross-referral concepts.
* Basic experience with Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Wealth Management/Investments
Organization: Hancock Investment Services, Inc. - Wealth Management - Hancock Investments
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.