Associate Food Microbiologist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the direction of the Manager-Laboratories, this position is responsible for the standard operating procedures of the Quality Main Laboratory as pertains to microbiological aspects, as well as releasing and holding of product, and the Set-Aside Program Coordinator.
* Responsible for the operation of the Bacteriological Laboratory.
* Support the Release product process
* Support the Hold product process
* Oversee the Set-Aside Program Test and determine the cause of spoilage for all containers that are brought for examination Calibrate, operate, verify, and problem solve equipment
* Perform plant incoming water testing and sampling
* Responsible to perform all equipment swabbing to monitoring the sanitation process
* Perform all microbiological aspects which include smears, sub-culturing, ingredient testing, finish product testing, flat sours, Aerobic Place Counts, mold count, thermophilic testing, media preparation, and sanitation programs.
* Maintain Bacteriological Laboratory records as needed
* Report results of Bacteriological laboratory analyses, data collection, sample information, and others as required by standard operating procedures.
* Prepare chemical reagents for microbiological analysis
* Accurate data entry in physical and computerized logs
* Train Laboratory and Production personnel on microbiological analysis
* Perform other duties as may be assigned and/or necessary
* Have good hand-eye coordination, able to use a microscope, able to use analytical equipment
* Perform multi-microbiological functions, communicate with shipping and planning, associate with the can plant
* Work with reconditioning, solve problems on a moments notice, work with sterile supplies, be a team player in the Quality Department and other departments
* Assist lab technologist when called upon, back up for the Laboratory Manager, and be cross trained in all functions in the main laboratory, math calculations, chemistry
* Bachelor's Degree required; Microbiology, Food Technology, or Biology discipline preferred
* 0-2 years of relevant experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Microbiological testing or related job experience
* Must be able to work independently
* Familiarity with laboratory procedures
* Computer literacy for Operations and Office systems
* Good written and verbal communications skills
* Good mathematical skills.
* Ability to follow detailed instructions
* Familiarity with statistical process control such as understanding and interpreting standard deviation, Pareto charts, histograms, process capability etc
* Working conditions are typical of a laboratory (handle chemicals, glassware, hot items) and that of a food processing facility (loud, noisy environment, hot temperatures, lifting/carry items up to 50 lbs)
* Minimum traveling may be required.
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.