Associate General Counsel II or Senior (DOE)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
Associate General Counsel II or Senior (DOE)
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Primary Job Purpose:
The successful candidate will be expected to work with a broad spectrum of legal issues and projects in support of internal business areas, including the claims, customer service, health care management, product development, and member benefit contracts areas, but often also involving our sales, underwriting, finance, and actuarial areas. External contacts include state and federal regulators, plan sponsors and plan administrators of insured and self-insured plans, members, producers, providers, and vendors, and their legal counsel. Occasional support of issues or companies within Cambia s Direct Health Solutions portfolio of non-health insurance organizations also is required.
Responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to all divisions within the corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates to contribute effectively toward accomplishment of corporate objectives.
* Demonstrated knowledge of general corporate and health insurance law.
* Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal corporate and insurance regulations and compliance standards.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, including management staff and officers.
* Demonstrated ability to provide thorough analysis on legal issues, meet deadlines and follow through on assignments.
* Demonstrated competency to manage large volumes of information and priorities.
Associate General Counsel II must be a graduate of an accredited law school, licensed to practice law in the state where the position is based or ability to become licensed in a reasonable period of time. At least 3 years experience as an Associate General Counsel I with a high level performance rating or 5 years as an attorney in corporate, government or law firm or equivalent experience which may be satisfied by excellent academic credentials and/or other experience/knowledge that demonstrated required skill set. * Associate General Counsel, Sr. must be a graduate of an accredited law school, licensed to practice law in the state where the position is based or ability to become licensed in a reasonable period of time. At least 3 years experience as an Associate General Counsel II with a high level performance rating or 8 years as an attorney in corporate, government or law firm or equivalent experience which may be satisfied by excellent academic credentials and/or other experience/knowledge that demonstrated required skill set.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc:
* Law Degree
General Functions and Outcomes:
* Advises officers and employees on general corporate legal matters
* Responds to requests from various divisions of the corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates dealing with corporate legal matters.
* Ensures that legal documents and contracts are legally sufficient, complete, well written and
* Assures that the corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates are adequately represented for legal issues including business policies, contracts and against actual and threatened litigation
* Reviews and/or drafts new or modified policies, contracts and other documents.
* Makes compromise settlement decisions within authority limits set by the General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer
* Develops and maintains professional competence.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Associate General Counsel II
Provides mentoring of Associate General Counsels to improve and hone their skills, and ensure that their performance is of the highest quality.
Selects outside council to represent on various matters and may manage outside counsel as well as the legal issue
Performs other legal, administrative or management functions as directed by General Counsels or Chief Legal Officer
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Associate General Counsel Sr.
Provides senior level legal expertise to the division and TRG.
Leads and advises high level corporate committees, task forces and projects.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.