Associate I, Distribution
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Sysmex America Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Distribution Associate. The distribution associate is an entry level position and is responsible for assisting in many of the daily activities within the Distribution Center, including: inbound (receiving); inventory control; production support; put away, storing, cycle counting, packing and shipping of materials and/or finished goods. Ensure the cleanliness of the warehouse is maintained in addition to maintaining a safety orient culture in a policy and procedure based organization. Contribute to the continuous improvement process through recommendations, suggestion, and implementation of approved projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Load and unload all inbound and outbound trailers, trucks, vans, making sure all safety devices are utilized and distribution center procedures are being followed. Conduct daily cycle counts and physical inventories. Consolidate product to optimize space in the warehouse.
* Awareness of all products and product handling requirements. Monitoring warehouse inventory levels and replenish inventory into warehouse racking. Assist warehouse team in meeting productivity requirements with assigned tasks.
* Preparing items as per customer packaging, labeling, and shipping requirements which includes picking and packing items for orders to ship daily to our customers according to departmental procedures.
* Operates all material handling equipment, vertical baler, pallet jack, two wheel cart, bar code scanners, conveyor, air machine, sealed air, shipping manifest systems with exception of industrial lift trucks, until certified.
* Follow the guidelines and directions set by the Distribution Management Team and perform other duties as assigned.
* Interface with Sysmex internal customers and external customers as needed or directed on continuous improvement opportunities. Learn the roles and responsibilities of Distribution Associate Level 2.
* Ability to multi-task proactively and re-prioritize on a daily basis to accommodate the changing business requirements. Participate in all continuous improvement projects and cost saving measures.
* Follow distribution procedures in accordance with cGXP, FDA, OSHA, IATA, DOT, TSA and other applicable regulations or other foreign authority of regulatory requirements. This includes product documentation, quality standards, specifications, SOP s & GMP. Assist the distribution team keeping department in audit ready condition at all times. Responsible for the quality and integrity of personal time records and doing your part in reducing expenses for items such as material handling equipment, building, and product.
* Demonstrate good customer service to all departments through timely movement of goods into and out of the warehouse. Contributes to good customer service through follow up of issues and concerns of internal and external customers. Promote customer-centric environment.
* Ability to read, speak, and comprehend in English simple instructions short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent GED required. Associated degree preferred.
* Must possess at least 1-2 years prior distribution or warehouse experience including barcode scanners, printers, etc.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.