This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY KPMG's values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it. The KPMG culture is rooted in our values - it's a culture of trust and collaboration, flexibility and diversity, where people share knowledge freely and genuinely try to bring out the very best in others. This culture allows you to flourish both as a professional and as an individual - to enjoy a challenging career and get the most from your personal life. Our business services groups consist of professionals with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. We are currently seeking an Associate to join our Independence group in our Montvale office.
- Coordinate initial review and assessment of independence clearance requests submitted by field professionals and address and follow-up on all details and status of requests
- Research and identify all affiliates in accordance with applicable independence rules, such as SEC, AICPA, GAO, and IESBA
- Review, update or develop corporate family trees using various resources and research tools such as organizational charts, Capital IQ, D&B, and SEC filings
- Communicate with engagement teams to assist with the clearance of AICPA requests and participate on intake calls and follow up on the clearance of SEC requests, while responding to various ad hoc independence inquiries from engagement teams
- Identify and document potential vendor, business and financial relationships and potential independence issues
- Participate in identification of applicable process improvements and development of policies and procedures
- One year of experience with professional services firm or similar environment
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Possess strong research and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and possess strong prioritization skills to meet numerous deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .