Associate Information Security and Privacy Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Womens Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
Were focused on a people-first culture for our systems patients and our professional family. Thats why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal developmentand we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk, and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The PHS Information Security Associate Analyst role is intended to expose the incumbent to the broad variety of concepts, processes and tools that we use to protect Partners HealthCares data, systems and human resources.
The PHS Information Security Associate Analyst is responsible for engaging in Partners Healthcare Business and Technology initiatives that impact all Partners Healthcare Entities, Employees, and Agents and have a known or unknown security component.
The PHS Information Security Associate Analyst works with committees, leadership and staff throughout their institution(s) and Partners Healthcare System (PHS) to understand the business and operational objectives in order to identify security related needs.
Participates in the development and implementation of the PHS IS Information Security program in a manner that fulfills the mission and strategic goals of the program while complying with state and federal laws and accreditation standards related to Risk Management, collaborating with site and PHS Information Security, Privacy and Compliance as required
Maintains up to date knowledge of, and expertise in the administration and management of PHS- and site-base information security program and assists Information Security Officers in these initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop an understanding of Partners business applications, information security, and information privacy service delivery and service management offerings.
a. Track and report status of projects or initiatives.
b. Serve as initial line of response to ISPO ServiceNow ticket intake and triage.
c. Serve as intake and triage of ISPO mailboxes and feedback tools.
2. Assist in gathering and documenting requirements from business unit representatives and work with the Security & Privacy Operations and Security Engineering teams to ensure Partners business needs are being met with regards to alerts, reports, and overall security & privacy monitoring.
3. Support Information Security Officers in project and site initiatives as needed.
4. Participates in the development of PHS Information Security Policies and in the formulation of local procedures and practices to ensure compliance (standards, guidelines)
5. Assist Information System (IS) incident handling to facilitate closure at PHS and at institution level where necessary
6. Administers tracking, auditing, and response to device security, including safe and secure hardware and media disposal for PHS facilities, consistent with PHS policies
7. Support continuous information security & privacy process improvement efforts associated with the effective and efficient application of information security & privacy tools
8. Assist business users, project managers and IS leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and information security & privacy risk management of proposed projects and initiatives, and help manage expectations of users and management
9. Create, review, and update documentation related to the information security and information privacy controls
10. Facilitate and/or attend meetings as required in order to accomplish work goals and objectives
11. Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
12. Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk, and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Bachelors degree (B.A. / B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, business administration, or equivalent discipline from an accredited college or university required.
0-2 years of experience in IT/IS required.
0-2 years of experience in an information security or information privacy role or experience with security and internetworking devices and software, including some experience with large mission-critical networks.
Awareness or ability to understand HIPAA, HITECH, Mass ID Theft regulation 201 CMR 17, and other appropriate information security and information privacy regulatory requirements for healthcare entities.
* Bachelor's degree from a four year accredited college/university or equivalent experience may be substituted.
* Any of the following certifications is a plus: PMP, ITIL, or any of the following Information Security Certifications: CISSP, HCISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, CPHIMS, PCIP, GSEC, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, CEH, GPEN, and PMP
1. Strong business and analytical skills to identify and implement business information security & privacy requirements
2. Outstanding time management and organizational skills required
3. Ability to interpret business objectives into functional information security & privacy activities that deliver against the risk management objectives
4. Some understanding of change management and ability to work under the required guidelines and deliver on business/project requirements
5. Ability to deal sensitively and effectively at all levels of the organization including both technical & non-technical, management, and senior leadership
6. Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple work streams, goals, and objectives
7. High level critical thinking and strategic planning skills, ability to prioritize assignments
8. Excellent written and verbal communications, effective interpersonal skills, strong formal presentation abilities and good leadership skills
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Onsite at One Constitution Center Charlestown, MA. As of February 2017, the position will be based out of Assembly Row, Somerville
Local travel to Partners HealthCare sites.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.