Associate Java Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 3/31/2017
Sapient Government Services (US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONSAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES, INC.
Sapient Government Services (SGS) is looking for people who simply put are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of todays toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at SGS, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to todays challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now its at Sapient Government Services.
JOB TITLE TECHNOLOGIST / Java developer
JOB TITLE: Associate, Technology REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular, Full time
START DATE: Immediately
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Eligible for Public Trust
JOB SUMMARY: The Associate, Technology is a member of the project team who takes responsibility for implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices. This will include coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within a highly fast-paced environment. The applicant should have strong experience working in team environments and have strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong client interaction skills.
* Write Java code based on requirements defined in use cases.
* Develop Object Oriented code and/or provide maintenance and enhancements to existing code
* Conducts multiple levels of testing including unit, system, automated, security, and performance.
* Work with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications.
* Demonstrates ability to work closely with system owners, business owners, technical teams, and functional teams to design, implement, test, and validate a system.
* Develop conceptual and technical design including use of Object-Oriented techniques.
* Conduct unit testing and continuous integration
* Develop SQL queries and procedures
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
* Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
* Works with key owners and stakeholders to document requirements
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Minimum 2 years of experience in system integration and development
* Minimum 2 years of experience with Java and Java-based technologies
* Demonstrates ability to perform technical design and development activities using Java (JDK 1.7 or above) technologies
* Demonstrates the ability to use build tools such as Maven, Grunt, Webpack or similar
* Possesses a solid understanding of all parts of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Requirements, Design, Implementation, and Testing
* Familiarity with SQL and/or applied experience with database technologies is preferred
* Experience with Object Oriented Design and Technologies
* Bachelors Degree required from college or University
ABOUT SAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Sapient Government Services, a division of Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
*REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE MADE AS NECESSARY FOR THE KNOWN PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY OF AN OTHERWISE QUALIFIED APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE UNLESS DOING SO WOULD IMPOSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP ON THE OPERATION OF THE COMPANYS BUSINESS.
SAPIENT US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO SAPIENT US WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.