Associate, Lab - Evening, San Juan Capistrano, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
San Juan Capistrano, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek an Associate, Lab in San Juan Capistrano, CA.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 2pm - 10:30pm, Evening Shift *Salary dependent upon experience*
The Laboratory Associate is a non-licensed position reporting to a licensed laboratory supervisor or manager. Incumbent provides general support for the laboratory following established policies and procedures and has awareness of factors that influence test results. Assists in sample processing, preparation of reagents/media, and routine equipment maintenance. Ensures proper levels of department supplies, performs accurate record-keeping and provides general support of other department functions, as needed.
The Laboratory Associate will conduct all of the following duties under general and/or
direct and constant supervision of California State licensed personnel:
1. Logs, labels, and processes specimens and paperwork for testing.
2. Prepares and/or aliquots pre-analytical reagents and media.
3. Performs routine housekeeping and preventive maintenance on laboratory instruments and equipment.
4. Orders, unpacks, logs and stores supplies.
5. Transcription and data entry.
6. Promptly and courteously answers phones, transfers or takes accurate messages. Maintains the confidentiality of client information.
7. Helps to ensure the laboratory area is neat and clean.
8. Uses and wears protective equipment and clothing as appropriate. Incumbent is responsible for becoming familiar with and following all laboratory safety procedures. Properly reports all incidents.
9. Maintains cooperative working relationships.
10. Demonstrates effective two-way communication to create an informed positive environment.
11. Demonstrates initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback.
12. Organizes and processes clinical specimens accurately. Identifies worksheet, computer and specimen problems and demonstrates ability to either resolve or elevate to licensed personnel appropriately.
13. Supports the Clinical Laboratory Specialist Training Program.
14. Supports non-technical duties and assigned.
1. BS/BA degree in Biological Science or Chemistry (other life science degree coursework will be evaluated) from an accredited college or university preferred or high school diploma with a minimum seven (7) years of laboratory experience required.
2. Computer skills: word processing skills using Windows based software (Word, Excel, etc.). Other automation skills helpful. Typing skills desirable.
3. Lifts light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
4. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires long hours of eye and hand coordination.
5. Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards determined by the department.
6. Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and procedures outlined in the Environmental Health & Safety Manual.
7. Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand frequently to constantly throughout the day.
BS degree. Eligible for CA State CCS trainee license.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.