Associate, Major Projects Advisory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate in Forensic - Major Projects Advisory for our KPMG Risk Consulting practice.
- Review, analyze, and recommend improvements to construction management processes and internal controls
- Assist with construction contract audits, compliance reviews, and project oversight and monitoring functions for large capital projects
- Define and implement recommendations including construction management policies and procedures, processes, internal controls, roles and responsibilities, reporting, and supporting information technology
- Conduct project reviews to evaluate percentage of completion, probability of recovery for change orders and claims, reasonableness of the estimate to complete construction, schedule delays, defective specifications, and loss of productivity
- Work with engagement teams to perform field work, including data collection, analysis, and work paper documentation; prepare, edit, and proofread narrative reports and presentations of observations and recommendations
- Work closely, but independently, under the direction of Managers, Directors and Partners
- One year of experience in construction management and/or construction advisory services with increasing roles and responsibilities in major power and utilities, oil and gas, infrastructure, manufacturing, healthcare, or public sector projects
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Science, Construction Management, Accounting, or a related field from an accredited college/university; P.E, PMI, CCM, CPA, AIA, or other professional certification is preferred
- Knowledge in various phases of construction including planning and work breakdown structures, pre-construction services, sourcing and procurement of contracts, contract administration, scheduling, cost estimating, quality management, project reporting, and project closeout
- Field construction experience on different project types and public and/or private clients
- Experience using various project management tools like Primavera Enterprise, Prolog, Maximo and other toolsets
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation, records retention and work paper organizational skills; willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .