Associate Manager Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
SC Johnson & Sons, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Purpose:
The Associate Manager Engineer is responsible for engineering and managing capital projects and leading manufacturing operational improvement efforts to assure a safe, high quality and performance working environment, continually looking to eradicate losses, build new capabilities and/or implement new technologies.
The position reports directly to the Site Engineering Director or Manager and is primarily accountable for:
1. Managing capital projects and budgets from concept through start-up.
2. Leads the preparation of Engineering Design Basis, specifications, control logic, instrumentation list, equipment list, flow charts, P&ID's, engineering calculations and procedures for new and modified production lines and processes, utilizing Early Management tools and methodology, following SCJ Engineering Work Process
3. Assure compliance of SCJ Global Standards and Regulations that may apply.
4. Investigates, drives, and assists in implementation of cost saving projects, process optimization, productivity improvements related to existing processes.
5. Support long term tech plans and upgrades working together with the Global Engineering team.
Required Skills and Education:
The individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Project Management - Develops project plans and communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and within budget.
2. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, sets goals and objectives.
3. Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities which fosters group commitments to goals and objectives.
4. Communication - Strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Continuous Improvement - Knowledge and experience in TPM Early Management methodology and Lean Manufacturing.
6. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
7. Innovation - Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas.
8. Leadership - Can effectively manage a team to deliver results through others, keeping the team engaged, energized and committed.
Education and Experience
* BS Engineering degree (prefer Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing) is required
* Minimum 3 years of experience leading Engineering Projects and manufacturing support in an OSHA & TPM environment.
* PSM (Process Safety Management) experience desirable.
* Experience with capital project/equipment installation management
* Experience in contractor and vendor management
* Knowledge of TPM/ Lean is an asset
* GMP, SAP, Microsoft Project, Autocad preferred
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.