Associate Manager, Quality Control (2nd Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
* Supervise laboratory work of senior chemists, chemists, and chemist assistants to ensure testing of laboratory samples to meets commitments specific to assigned area. Responsible for general organization of the laboratory and personnel.
* Enforce laboratory policies and resolve personnel issues.
* Coordinate with senior chemists and project management to schedule assignments and projects.
* Represent functional area in QC management, operations, and organizational meetings.
* Perform data analysis, audit data and analytical procedures, generate metrics, prepare protocols, and summary reports. Prepare, review, and update laboratory analytical procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines.
* Perform troubleshooting of functional area problems and issues.
* Lead continuous improvement initiatives.
* Serve as group and/or project leader. Mentor senior chemists, chemists and chemist assistants. Manage and motivate technical and personnel career growth of personnel.
* Provide direction and technical guidance in the initiation of analytical investigations. Organize and lead Analytical Investigations as well as perform composition and review of related Analytical Investigation Reports.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or similar science discipline (or equivalent) and 2-4 years of experience. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Must possess knowledge of SOPs, Mylan Laboratory Procedures, USP regulations, Analytical Testing Techniques, cGMP, and OSHA regulations/procedures for disposal of organic waste and procedures for the safe handling of chemicals.
* Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, management skills, strong work ethic, consensus gathering skills, organizational skills, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes. Must be accurate, detailed oriented, team focused, and possess the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, high output environment.
* Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with groups of people such as other departments and communicate known concepts. Ability to present to a group of departments.
* Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
* Typically sitting at a desk or table. Intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. May be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. Sedentary lifting requirements.
* Normal office situation. Regular exposure to chemicals, solvents, fumes and/or gases.
* Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Sep 11, 2016, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.