Associate Marketing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
LEAD EXECUTION OF NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND MARKETING CAMPAIGNS.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
PROPOSE AND DEVELOP GO TO MARKET LAUNCH PLANS FOR NPD, PRODUCT IN LIFE AND PROJECT IN LIFE.
* WORK WITH INTERNAL MARKETING PARTNERS TO DEVELOP EFFECTIVE BRAND COMMUNICATIONS INCLUDING TV, PRINT, RETAIL, DIGITAL ETC.
* WORK WITH MARKETING MANAGER (MM) AND/OR SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER (SMM) AND TO UNDERSTAND P&L POSITION AND SUPPORTING MEDIA PLAN FOR THE PROJECT AND INFORM CORRECT DECISION MAKING PROCESS
* COLLABORATE WITH MM AND/OR SMM TO EXECUTE GO-TO-MARKET PLANS INCLUDING NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES, ADVERTISING CREATIVE, MEDIA PLANNING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, IN-STORE EXECUTION, POINT OF SALE, PROMOTIONS ETC.
* WORK EFFECTIVELY WITH THE GLOBAL TEAM TO ENSURE THAT THERE IS ALIGNMENT WHEREVER POSSIBLE AND SENSIBLE
Be the internal champion for the product
* Deliver organizational training to ensure internal understanding and advocacy of the technology
* Assist manager and Retail team in the development and delivery of sales presentations and materials to ensure retail success
* Collaborate with Retail team to track and analyze in-market implementation
* Work to evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
* Provide monthly insight into the business forecasting cycle including appropriate volume forecasting and business trends
Fulfill other duties as required
* Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
* Fix things that need fixing
* Identify problems and find solutions
* Flexibility- this person will need to adaptable, be open to taking on more and have the ability to adapt plans and direction as the business indicates.
* Entrepreneurial spirit-must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed.
* Be passionate about the product - this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
* Project management skills- this person must be able to manage budgets and deadlines and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
* Ability to travel occasionally as required.
Experience and Education
* Experience and Education
Bachelor s Degree required; preferably in Marketing, Advertising or Business Administration preferred
* 3+ years marketing experience preferred.
* 1+ years experience with direct project accountability
* Open to experience in an agency or small entrepreneurial environment.
* Someone with a CPG background is strongly preferred but would be open to non-traditional CPG experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury market.
* Problem Solving-must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
* Team player-able to manage and motivate people, this person is able to build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets). This person works cooperatively across the business and puts the good of the business above their own career interests.
* Strong communication skills- this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
* Creativity-this person needs to guide and challenge a team responsible for managing a dynamic brand. They need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
* Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
* Explorer - Demonstrates a can do / entrepreneurial attitude
* Fighter driven to get the best result. Challenges themselves and others.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-226.
Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.